Relocated home vs New ROI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocated home vs New ROI?

I sold my main block, got more than I asked for and have 7 months.

Have another block to build on, strangely people want small blocks (3-4 acres) not 10 acres.

So its a 3 acre block but it has much much better views.

But I want to go up one story just for the master bedroom.

Would my ROI be better on a new home at $200k to build or would you got a relocated home and put on stilts and build an internal garage and internal access and just have the whole home upstairs?

The views are about 270 degrees and the best views are about 180 degrees facing north.

If this is a rental why bother? Just move a house on to the site as cheaply as possible. Unless the view gets you enough increased rent to get a return on the increased cost why go up?

Comment

No this is a build and sell.

Im looking at $100-150k for a relocated home and $200-$250k for a new build. What Im trying to figure out is if a fully renovated 90s home will lose me any money over a brand new home. If not, Ill be saving the $100k. The 3 acres given the views should sell for about $500k, once developed. So if Im spending $170k for the land. $150k for the older home. Its $320k, $180k - RE fees etc profit vs $80k profit for a brand new home. Its the lifestyle block and views that people are after.

Comment

OK got you now. I don't see how any of us could help. It's a very simple exercise which you seem to have a handle on. Whoever is going to sell it for you should be bale to give you the 2 likely sales prices. Deduct your costs and you have your net profit. General rule of thumb is that relocatables are way cheaper than new builds. Suburban sales typically have little difference between new and existing $$ wise. Rural may be very different.

Comment

Working...
        X