Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we building too many houses? Obviously rest of the country and not Auckland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a lot of interests in Palmerton North from property investors - well new investors it seems .
    I looked up BNZ's Tony A's latest stats on population and investor led growth projections does seem overly-optimistic?

2013-43
    Palmerston North city 17,200 Percentage change 20.6

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSky View Post
      There seems to be a lot of interests in Palmerton North from property investors - well new investors it seems .
      I looked up BNZ's Tony A's latest stats on population and investor led growth projections does seem overly-optimistic?

2013-43
      Palmerston North city 17,200 Percentage change 20.6

Not a lot less than wellingtons 26% growth over that period and head and shoulders above a lot of other single digit, negative, smaller regions. Tony's point was more toward these smaller towns that have a real chance of very low or even negative population growth over this longer term period (but might be tempting due to fat yields)

BTW I posted the below trend a day before Tony's article on the same data, it has a link to the raw data at stats that Tony's article is based on.

Last edited by marklowes; 25-02-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

New Zealand's population is tipped to keep growing but many regions are going to decline in the next 30 years, a report predicts.

Auckland, Hamilton, Nelson, Wellington, and Queenstown are set to expand, while the populations of Rotorua, Taupo, Gisborne, Hawke's Bay, Kaipara, Southland and the West Coast are expected to shrink.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8986...ed-to-struggle
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
          New Zealand's population is tipped to keep growing but many regions are going to decline in the next 30 years, a report predicts.

Auckland, Hamilton, Nelson, Wellington, and Queenstown are set to expand, while the populations of Rotorua, Taupo, Gisborne, Hawke's Bay, Kaipara, Southland and the West Coast are expected to shrink.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8986...ed-to-struggle
          Interesting how Nelson (small town) gets a mention for growth when Palmy (twice the size and higher growth rate) gets ignored again.... All the better buying for me

Comment

Working...
          X