Hi All,
I plan to sell a property of mine privately. I have never sold before but I really want the experience of doing a private sale. Initially, I plan to do a bit of landscaping, cleaning and decluttering etc. to prepare the property before hiring a pro photographer to get a few pictures for the marketing.
The intention is to go with a 'Sale by Negotiation' as opposed to an auction. Correct me if I am wrong but I feel a sale by negotiation/multi-offer can attract a better price than an auction.
In my write-up of the advert:
1) Should I include a price indication? an asking price? or no comment about the price at all?
2) Is it OK to say phone calls by agents will not be accepted? I just don't want them pestering me and asking to sell my property on my behalf.
All offers must be made in writing on an S & P and presented to me initially. Does that sound OK?
I'd appreciate any tips you have about doing private sales. Many thanks in advance.
I plan to sell a property of mine privately. I have never sold before but I really want the experience of doing a private sale. Initially, I plan to do a bit of landscaping, cleaning and decluttering etc. to prepare the property before hiring a pro photographer to get a few pictures for the marketing.
The intention is to go with a 'Sale by Negotiation' as opposed to an auction. Correct me if I am wrong but I feel a sale by negotiation/multi-offer can attract a better price than an auction.
In my write-up of the advert:
1) Should I include a price indication? an asking price? or no comment about the price at all?
2) Is it OK to say phone calls by agents will not be accepted? I just don't want them pestering me and asking to sell my property on my behalf.
All offers must be made in writing on an S & P and presented to me initially. Does that sound OK?
I'd appreciate any tips you have about doing private sales. Many thanks in advance.

