Finance to get to 100+ Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
    Peaks and troughs are BUILT INTO capitalism, that's when the rich take the money from the poor, legitimately.

We would rather join the rich, than become the poor, and we certainly want to help as many people not become a victim when the slaughter time comes.
    I do despair sometimes.
    Does it always have to be that one gets rich out of the poor?
    Does there always have to be winners and losers?
    Is there not a way that we can all be winners?

And you wonder why people have this hate on those nasty capitalist money grabbing landlords?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      I do despair sometimes.

And you wonder why people have this hate on those nasty capitalist money grabbing landlords?
      No I'm not like that at all, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Have you watched the Zeitgeist videos on youtube?

Truth hurts, but it's more important not to bury our heads in the sand, assuming everything is great. Doesn't that sound like those who believe Kiwisaver and pension will look after them?

Comment

I do despair sometimes.

Wayne - the reality is in life there are winners and losers... as much as this is not pleasant it is the case... we try to shelter people from this and create dependence on the system.

We all play by the same rules - and while some start ahead of others - in a first world country like NZ the delta isn't that great (relative to many other parts of the world) - i.e. free education and quite a generous social welfare system - there are those who learn the rules and strive to get ahead... improve their lot - they should be incentivised and rewarded otherwise - why bother?

I can tell you i was born into a single (teacher) income family with 3 siblings we all had the same start in life - same parents (not always the case these days), same house, school even to the most part same teachers. The outcome (financial) has been very different even within this ONE family there are what you would call winners and dare i say it losers - if you're basing your assessment just on financial gain over time. However if you base your assessment of winners and losers on amount of time spend with wife/kids or who is he most well traveled you might find who is deemed the winner is very different.

By definition we can't all be winners - but we are all equals

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
          By definition we can't all be winners - but we are all equals
          My definition of winners, are those who achieve financial success, except I don't look at people who can't achieve that are losers. I see those who can't achieve it as people who need help.

Like you said, we are all equals, but I prefer to help people to become 'winners'.

It's a great feeling when my friends around me all become winners and grow together.

Comment

My definition of winners, are those who achieve financial success, except I don't look at people who can't achieve that are losers. I see those who can't achieve it as people who need help.
            That would be different from my definition of 'winners'.

I see so many people who have financial success who are the unhappiest people I have met.
            You need life success.
            You need balance.

To the broader topic of 'winner and losers' - I agree that there will always be winners and losers but that doesn't mean you have to effectively crow about it.
            You don't have to create losers so you can be a winner.
            Some people here need to read some of what they post through anothers eyes to see how they come across.

Comment

I see so many people who have financial success who are the unhappiest people I have met.
              You need life success.
              You need balance.

To the broader topic of 'winner and losers' - I agree that there will always be winners and losers but that doesn't mean you have to effectively crow about it.
              Some people here need to read some of what they post through anothers eyes to see how they come across.

Usually people who are financially successful and be able to keep that going are those who have high personal standards in terms of personal development.

Those who can't keep it up usually end up with flash cars and divorces

Comment

Usually people who are financially successful and be able to keep that going are those who have high personal standards in terms of personal development.

Those who can't keep it up usually end up with flash cars and divorces
                Sorry Gary but that is just bullshit generalisation.

Not sure what 'personal development' really means.
                No idea what financially successful is - is that an amount of money or something?
                I would say one measure of finacial success is that you spend less than you earn - sounds pretty successful to me!

The happiest people are generally those surrounded by caring family and friends and you can't buy that!

Comment

Sorry Gary but that is just bullshit generalisation.

Not sure what 'personal development' really means.
                  No idea what financially successful is - is that an amount of money or something?
                  I would say one measure of finacial success is that you spend less than you earn - sounds pretty successful to me!

The happiest people are generally those surrounded by caring family and friends and you can't buy that!

Its ok, I noticed whatever I say you always counter argue anyways :-)

Comment

Its ok, I noticed whatever I say you always counter argue anyways :-)
                    I have noticed that you don't really like to be challanged.
                    You are so Trumpish in what you do and how you act.
                    I can see why you admire him so much.

Comment

You need life success.
                      You need balance.

wayne et al - to declare a winner you need to start with an objective.

1 - if you want to be the best dad in the world - then you need to take steps towards that goal
                      2 - if you want to be financially independent - you may take a different set of actions
                      3 - if you want to have a large family - again your actions might be different

i personally want all 3 of these so I delayed 1 until I had achieved 2 - the problem I have is that starting 2 so late means I'm not going to achieve 3 - does that make me a loser? You decide

the issue is that people make their choices to be WINNERS however they define it the look across at the next person who set different goals and said - why can't I have that...

you'll never hear me complain about not achieving 3 but recently there has been a huge surge in people happy to whine about what they don't have rather than focusing on what they do or getting clear on what is important to them and becoming a winner in their pursuit of that goal.

one last thought on this topic - it really doesn't matter what you or i think of anyone else - being a winner or a loser can only be a self assessment unless you publicly declare your objective.
                      Last edited by Don't believe the Hype; 02-06-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                        one last thought on this topic - it really doesn't matter what you or i think of anyone else - being a winner or a loser can only be a self assessment unless you publicly declare your objective.
                        Exactly.
                        It comes down to goals.
                        Also goals change at different stages of life.
                        To set appropriate goals you have to know yourself. Many people set goals based on what they think they want because they see someone else has it.
                        Most people don't set goals at all so maybe they can never win?

But my big point in this is that you don't have to 'create' losers to become a winner - there is such a thing as a 'win win'.

Comment

I have noticed that you don't really like to be challanged.
                          You are so Trumpish in what you do and how you act.
                          I can see why you admire him so much.
                          I like a challenge.

I just don't like how the challenge is put in front of me on PT at times. It's the wording and tone that put me off at times.

It's good to have constructive criticism, but some 'challenges' are down right personal attacks.

Generally I don't like negative people either. A lot of people on PT act as they are experts, but without showing or sharing how they have done it.

Obviously a lot of challengers haven't read How to Win Friends and Influence People
                          Last edited by PTILoveYou; 02-06-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Obviously a lot of challengers haven't read How to Win Friends and Influence People
                            Good read that one.
                            Finance Broker - www.creditone.co.nz

Comment

Carnegies other great read is 'how to stop worrying & start living'

You only have 1 life so you might as well make the most of it! Better to set out of reach goals so u will stretch yourself!

No matter what u say and what u do some people won't like you for it. It's far easier for people to be negative so accept that. Thats fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it their life.

Best not to get to attached to anything, at the end of the day you can't take anything with you, do what makes you happy & don't have any regrets.

Comment

I'm just not into big articles and essays like GF is.

I don't like reading long winded articles, and so I would not wish that to my readers.
                                Maybe you find it difficult to concentrate on reading for more than 20 seconds Gary, and hate to hear the truth from others, rather you'd be living in the fantasy world that you seem to live in most of the time.

I think most of your readers would wish you'd just do your job at the council and not post at all.
                                Isn't that what people paying their rates are doing, helping support you by paying you to do your job at the council Gary?
                                You seem to spend more time not doing any work and posting on here, than actually working. Does you boss know about all this?

As for your followers, you are leading them like lemmings to a cliff, how could anybody do that with a clear conscience, and also take money from them?
                                I bet you won't be willing to be with them all when it all comes crashing down around them. Maybe not so much you as your Dad will save you, but will you be there for all the others that you are leading down such a dangerous path to financial ruin?
                                Facebook Property Chat Group NZ
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/340682962758216/

Comment

Working...
                                X