X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beano View Post
    What is the net yield ?
    9pc ? 8pc ?
    Taking into account vacancy and real repairs? 7%? 6%, or even 4 or 5%. There are 4 tenancies so repairs will be higher!

A big question would be how many weeks on average were received in the last 12 months.

Ross
    Book a free chat here
    Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is the same block of units that was on the market earlier this year (or perhaps late last year). It would be worth finding out why it is on the market again.

I looked at this and decided against it. I'm far from an expert, but here's why I left it alone:
      From memory, Rates + insurance were going to be about 6-7K per year. I wasn't sure how much to calculate for repairs, but with 4 kitchens and 4 bathrooms, you would have to expect it to be quite significant long term. Ballpark figure 3-4K per year?
      Property manager at about 9% - another 3K per year.
      Accountant - 1K?
      Total (but definitely not exhaustive) expenses somewhere in the region of 13-15K

After allowing for 48 weeks per year occupancy (I think this is a good idea in a smaller town) the 35K income figure starts to look more like 32K. Taking the expenses off I reckon you couldn't expect to be left with more than 17-19K.

Net yield of between 4.85% and 5.42%

I don't claim to be an expert (I have a grand total of one investment property), but hopefully this is of some value to you.

Steve

Comment

My own personal rules for investing out of Auckland

50,000+ population
        Increasing over the past decade
        Buying in town not rural
        3 bedroom on 500 sqm+
        Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
        My Website
        Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

Working...