Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Investment Book - Need help to remember author or book's name

Hi All,

I recall reading a property investment book by a female NZ investor who I think was originally Wellington (could have been south island) based and I am unable to remember the name of the book or the author and was hoping someone on this forum could help.

I was given the book back in ~2007. It was by a female NZ investor and I remember some of the early properties she bought were a student flat in Wellington as well as an Ellerslie townhouse (?) which she later found out was leaky and managed to sell I think.

If it helps, I do remember checking up on the author a few years after and on her blog she mentioned that she was going through bankruptcy or something similar to that.

The book was good and I was hoping to re-read it out of curiosity and check on what has happened to the author.

Anyone remembers the author or book please let me know.
    www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
    # Property Management
    # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

I think it was Jodi Cottle's book.
    She lives in Auckland now, originally from Levin.
    Facebook Property Chat Group NZ
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/340682962758216/

Comment

The night was a huge success and I am extremely greatful with the support that was just so apparent last night. We sold approximately 40 boo...

Comment

Ah yes - thank you.

Pity there has been no update since 2011. I was curious to see how she has been doing after filing for bankruptcy.

Do you happen to know her or whether she is still investing in property, Graeme?
        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
        # Property Management

Comment

I do have her book somewhere and did read it a few years ago when I met her in about 2008.

She's a Mum now and as far as I know not investing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
            I do have her book somewhere and did read it a few years ago when I met her in about 2008.

Possibly working for CoreLogic now according to a net search. I would really like to know how some people go long-term in their investments. It is good to read the full story, ups and downs and recoveries.

Comment

Thank you. A real pity if she indeed is no longer investing in property. I don't think being a mum would be the reason. Maybe she did not want to rebuild her IP portfolio after the bankruptcy following GFC (??).

It's always good to read about property investors who have been around through a number of cycles. I am glad you are still around to share your experiences, Graeme.
              www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
              # Property Management

Comment

Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                Thank you. A real pity if she indeed is no longer investing in property. I don't think being a mum would be the reason. Maybe she did not want to rebuild her IP portfolio after the bankruptcy following GFC (??).

It's always good to read about property investors who have been around through a number of cycles. I am glad you are still around to share your experiences, Graeme.
                She is a lovely person and has been through quite a lot in the last few years, but all good
                I haven't talked to her for a while now apart from occasionally on Facebook.
                Her Mum is a successful real estate agent in Levin, does really well.

Comment

She is a lovely person and has been through quite a lot in the last few years, but all good
                  I haven't talked to her for a while now apart from occasionally on Facebook.
                  Her Mum is a successful real estate agent in Levin, does really well.
                  Hi there, I'm looking for a good agent in Levin. If you wouldn't mind sending a PM with a name to contact I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
                  Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Working...
                  X