Tell me something new
Collapse
X
-
You may be surprised JABlog.
There are still people out there who believe new supply will be able to satisfy the ever growing demand sometime soon.
-
-
Can you name anyone who believes the spin?Originally posted by speights boy View PostNo hate Bob.
Simply don't believe the spin like others seem to.
There is a shortage of houses in Auckland and as far as I can tell, everyone agrees with this.*
And they can't build enough houses to meet the demand - everyone also agrees with this.
* you may remember a year or two ago there was a report in the paper from some economist (I think) who said there wasn't a housing shortage in Auckland because rents had not increased. I wonder if he feels a bit foolish now.
Comment
-
-
Ask Shamubeel Eaqub how economists feel when they are completely wrong. I'm not so sure economists know the meaning of foolish.Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
* you may remember a year or two ago there was a report in the paper from some economist (I think) who said there wasn't a housing shortage in Auckland because rents had not increased. I wonder if he feels a bit foolish now.“Our favorite holding period is forever.”
Comment
-
-
That's fine.Originally posted by Bob Kane View PostI don't think we need to interfere with the demand side at this stage.
Just get ready to pay your $14 billion bill for new infrastructure then.....
Auckland housing supply dire – it’s gonna get worse
Auckland is going to get short on housing stock, and the Government’s plans to increase housing supply are stuffed.
Auckland Council can’t afford to install the infrastructure. Costings are in.
It’s just not going to happen.
Without the pipes and roads to join into property developers cannot build subdivisions.
The pipes are needed to widen roads for more cars, connect the new subdivisions to the sewer and water treatment plants and to public transport.I think the National Government have now got a serious problem on their hands.
It’s not that Auckland Council is being a belligerent child; the fact is the costs are off the planet.
The problem is very, very big. And it might be too big for the Government to solve as well.
Comment


Comment