Header Ad Module

Collapse

Te Rapa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • primal
    Forum Junkie
    • May 2015
    • 274

    #1

    Te Rapa

    Is Te Rapa good place to invest.
    If so, is it easy to get tenant.
  • BigDreamer
    Fanatical
    • Aug 2009
    • 1080

    #2
    Originally posted by primal View Post
    Is Te Rapa good place to invest.
    If so, is it easy to get tenant.
    Te Rapa in Hamilton?

    If so then yes. Good area to invest. Not sure about the types of tenants as I don't own any investments there but a much better area than Nawton which is close by.
    www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
    # Property Management
    # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

    Comment

    • primal
      Forum Junkie
      • May 2015
      • 274

      #3
      I think it is going to be next Hamilton north. Don't know about the tenants though. Is it easy to get.

      Comment

      • Wayne
        Fanatical
        • Jun 2004
        • 10899

        #4
        Originally posted by primal View Post
        I think it is going to be next Hamilton north. Don't know about the tenants though. Is it easy to get.
        Hamilton North is popular because of the new land/ new house.
        Te Rapa doesn't have 'new land' so how is it going to be the new 'Hamilton Noth'?

        Comment

        • Rosco
          Fanatical
          • May 2007
          • 3710

          #5
          Hi Primal,

          It depends what area you mean exactly? Te Rapa is mainly commercial.

          1) I would see if in the new school zone. Our website under services menu, and useful information has a map of this.

          2) I would talk to a property manager, such as www.qrm.co.nz A property manager should be in the best position to know the tenant demand.

          Ross
          Book a free chat here
          Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

          Comment

          • Davenc30
            Freshie
            • Jul 2015
            • 7

            #6
            Hi , I live in Hamilton, suburbs around Terapa are good. The thing with Hamilton is there isn't one bad area but there's bad streets in almost every area (except Flagstaff and Rototuna) Pukete is a great spot, close to Terapa, the base, the river, but there is a small block that's very rough and there's a large mongrel mob pad there. But go around the corner and there's beautiful Homes that people are fighting over when they come up for sale. If I was looking for a rental depending on budget id be looking in Pukete, Fairview downs, and Glenview. as I said though, the difference between 'The hood' and a nice neighborhood can be 500m in some places in Hamilton.

            Cheers

            Comment

            • BigDreamer
              Fanatical
              • Aug 2009
              • 1080

              #7
              Originally posted by Davenc30 View Post
              Hi , I live in Hamilton, suburbs around Terapa are good. The thing with Hamilton is there isn't one bad area but there's bad streets in almost every area (except Flagstaff and Rototuna) Pukete is a great spot, close to Terapa, the base, the river, but there is a small block that's very rough and there's a large mongrel mob pad there. But go around the corner and there's beautiful Homes that people are fighting over when they come up for sale. If I was looking for a rental depending on budget id be looking in Pukete, Fairview downs, and Glenview. as I said though, the difference between 'The hood' and a nice neighborhood can be 500m in some places in Hamilton.

              Cheers
              Are you sure about the no bad streets in Rototuna? I heard they are moving most state houses (from poet corner) to somewhere in Rototuna. That surely can not be a great sign.

              As for Glenview, can someone explain to me what that suburb is always talked (positively) about? It is so far south and I have always ignored it.
              www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
              # Property Management
              # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

              Comment

              • Davenc30
                Freshie
                • Jul 2015
                • 7

                #8
                Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                Are you sure about the no bad streets in Rototuna? I heard they are moving most state houses (from poet corner) to somewhere in Rototuna. That surely can not be a great sign.

                As for Glenview, can someone explain to me what that suburb is always talked (positively) about? It is so far south and I have always ignored it.
                Yes you are right about rototuna but I think they are picky, the only ones I know of are the billy basic townhouses on Thomas rd (the busy main rd) and its hardly the 'hood' but you are right they are there.

                As for glenview you're right. On paper it doesn't look great but its close to the hospital, good school, supermarket/petrol station, mini mall all there, not to far from town and easy access too K drive which dumps you in terapa (eventually) and its on the right side of the river ( no bridge traffic to deal with) houses are reasonably priced, lots of young European families due to house prices. Sure Melville is closer but it is one of the worst parts of Hamilton, high density townhouses and immigrants everywhere. Close to town and hospital bit that's it. But your rental will always be tenanted is a plus I guess. I lived there for 5minutes when I moved to Hamilton, I wouldn't live there again. Depends what your after I guess.

                Excuse spelling and grammar I'm on a treadmill...

                Comment

                Working...