Header Ad Module

Collapse

Property Investor Magazine - Top 10 Boom spots

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mrsaneperson
    Fanatical
    • Jan 2012
    • 2289

    #1

    Property Investor Magazine - Top 10 Boom spots

    In this months edition HAMILTON is no1 boom spot followed by Papakura.

    I was surprised to see Papakura there at the no2 placing but the reason given was that under the new unitary plan they are building 20,000 new houses between Takanini & Papakura.
  • Anthonyacat
    Fanatical
    • Oct 2013
    • 1758

    #2
    They're probably talking 'wider' Papakura, including the new Takanini subdevelopments and the new areas in Karaka. But I'd agree that Papakura prices haven't been shooting up like a lot of the rest of Auckland. They're further out, down there. Takes longer. So now they're comparatively cheap.
    AAT Accounting Services - Property Specialist - [email protected]
    Fixed price fees and quick knowledgeable service for property investors & traders!

    Comment

    • PTILoveYou
      Fanatical
      • Sep 2013
      • 3867

      #3
      Rest of Auckland like Papakura is just feeling the ripple effect. Same with Hamilton.

      Established suburbs in Auckland have already had 60%+ gains, so it's time for the poorer neighbours to get their share.

      Comment

      • Frezzinghot
        Fanatical
        • Jan 2014
        • 4549

        #4
        The ripple effect already happened over a year ago in Papakura, I have property there and can say equity gains are through the roof.
        "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

        Comment

        • Davo36
          Fanatical
          • Sep 2007
          • 8450

          #5
          There is a development part way through on the Great South Road in Papakura. Used to be the old Post Office building.

          11 apartments to be built on top of an existing building, 1 and 2 beddies I think, each with an uncovered car park out the back.

          10 of the 11 have been sold at between $340k and $350k, which I thought were quite good prices.

          Also, 9 being built in another part of Papakura have all been sold for around $560k, these are 2 bedroom ones I think.

          So prices are certainly moving up.
          Squadly dinky do!

          Comment

          • genius
            Opinionated
            • Mar 2015
            • 133

            #6
            Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            There is a development part way through on the Great South Road in Papakura. Used to be the old Post Office building.

            11 apartments to be built on top of an existing building, 1 and 2 beddies I think, each with an uncovered car park out the back.

            10 of the 11 have been sold at between $340k and $350k, which I thought were quite good prices.


            Also, 9 being built in another part of Papakura have all been sold for around $560k, these are 2 bedroom ones I think.

            So prices are certainly moving up.
            I'm sorry but did you say 1 bed apartments in Papakura are going for $340k? WOW!!!!!!!!

            Comment

            • Davo36
              Fanatical
              • Sep 2007
              • 8450

              #7
              Originally posted by genius View Post
              I'm sorry but did you say 1 bed apartments in Papakura are going for $340k? WOW!!!!!!!!
              Yeah, they're a mixture of 1 and 2 beddies. Sold between $340k and $350k. That's what the agent told me.
              Squadly dinky do!

              Comment

              Working...