Hi,
There doesn't seem to be much for sale in Auckland that gets good yield (well, North and West Auckland at least).
I have just spent a bit of time looking at options in Hamilton.
I don't know much about Hamilton - have driven through, and that's about it.
Saw the article called "The best suburbs to make a buck in Hamilton", which is also mentioned on this site.
Also read this post here: called "What are the good and bad areas in Hamilton"
I had posted Links, but message board wouldn't allow sorry.
Looked at other stuff, but those seemed the most relevant.
I am looking for a 3 / 4 bedroom house on it's own site. Relatively low maintenance in a good area. Cost is not a major factor, but would want reasonable returns / good tenants / high occupancy. Also in an area that is easy to re-sell if the need arose. The property would be managed as I live in Auckland.
Anything specific to be aware of in Hamilton? - I've seen comments on rates usually being around $2000 for an average property.
Also: not being too close to student areas, being close to CBD, close to shopping (e.g. The Base), comments about an inland port (haven't googled that one yet)?
The first article is keen on the Melville / Pukete / Glenview areas. What are the thoughts here?
Any other suggestions / warnings / comments?
Assuming research shows it's a valid option, my intention would be to line up several properties, then do a drive down to look at quite a few in the same day.
Thanks,
Mark
There doesn't seem to be much for sale in Auckland that gets good yield (well, North and West Auckland at least).
I have just spent a bit of time looking at options in Hamilton.
I don't know much about Hamilton - have driven through, and that's about it.
Saw the article called "The best suburbs to make a buck in Hamilton", which is also mentioned on this site.
Also read this post here: called "What are the good and bad areas in Hamilton"
I had posted Links, but message board wouldn't allow sorry.
Looked at other stuff, but those seemed the most relevant.
I am looking for a 3 / 4 bedroom house on it's own site. Relatively low maintenance in a good area. Cost is not a major factor, but would want reasonable returns / good tenants / high occupancy. Also in an area that is easy to re-sell if the need arose. The property would be managed as I live in Auckland.
Anything specific to be aware of in Hamilton? - I've seen comments on rates usually being around $2000 for an average property.
Also: not being too close to student areas, being close to CBD, close to shopping (e.g. The Base), comments about an inland port (haven't googled that one yet)?
The first article is keen on the Melville / Pukete / Glenview areas. What are the thoughts here?
Any other suggestions / warnings / comments?
Assuming research shows it's a valid option, my intention would be to line up several properties, then do a drive down to look at quite a few in the same day.
Thanks,
Mark


Comment