No announcement yet.

Asbestos in an investment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my experience, no business enjoys long term success or gains when their sales tactics rely on scare mongering. There are operators out there who are not above scaring people into undertaking "remedial works" that are not really necessary. There are also many projects where the property owners rightly should be EXTREMELY worried, yet are complacent. I am by no means an asbestos expert...but I have pretty reasonable knowledge given that I own a significant shareholding in one of the largest operators consulting around and managing asbestos in NZ. Asbestos IS a dangerous material when in friable form (which Fibrolite CAN be) and not properly managed. But then so are assault rifles and Black Mamba's.... It's how they are managed and kept safe that matters. I have to say...Fibrolite is actually a very good product...it is extremely durable!

Comment

I'll take my chances with mambas (black or green) in NZ any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
        I'll take my chances with mambas (black or green) in NZ any day of the week.
        A fair and wise decision

Comment

hi guys,

a property i am looking at at the moment is noted that fibrolite roof might contain asbestos. Assuming it does contain asbestos, what do i need to pay attention to or what is the bad thing about it and how to avoid it? House was built in 50s.

Comment

Working...
          X