Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listing referals - bring a new property listing to an agent - value ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing referals - bring a new property listing to an agent - value ?

Always helping friends and sometimes they ask me who is the best agent to list their property with.

I have seen now and then flyers where agents are prepared to pay cold hard cash for listings that are brought to them.

If you are regularly giving an agent properties to list, what sort of value would you put on that, what could you get ?

$500 / $1,000 ????

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
    .....what sort of value would you put on that, .....
    Personally, I would place a zero dollar figure on it.
    I would rather simply give my recommendation to a friend and get an invite to the BBQ when they sell.
    I wouldn't feel comfortable telling my friend..."by the way I'm getting $500 for doing this"

Comment

Started out as friends.
      It may get more into a business model where I could be refering maybe 10 to 20 per year.

Comment

Is the best agent paying for referrals ?

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
          Is the best agent paying for referrals ?
          Not sure what you mean.
          But in my area I know who the exceptional agents are accross all agencies, and I know who are the really bad ones are.
          And the agencies that are really bad as well.

The difference can be amazing if you use a brilliant agent, compared to a bad one.

No agent is paying for the referals now, as there are none.

But do you know SB, what sort of value they would pay, that is my question

Comment

I remember a few years back it was $500 per referral for the ones I was aware of. Perhaps it should be a little more now. Given that agents will often discount their rates for regular business, this is probably no different - if you can approach the agent with a deal, whats a thousand or so off the price for them? Some agencies may have policies on this though.
            Over the years we have found different approaches from diff agencies to discounts but we have always got something off. I think you should approach a few agents and see what deal you can do if you are keen.

Hows your trade in the Bays going Bluekiwi? Hope its working out well. We have relocated our move on house now - going surprisingly well and unexpectedly it seems actually an easier process than some of the do-ups we have done - costs a little higher than Id hoped for, but thats usually the way and on the whole,very pleased with it

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              I remember a few years back it was $500 per referral for the ones I was aware of. Perhaps it should be a little more now. Given that agents will often discount their rates for regular business, this is probably no different - if you can approach the agent with a deal, whats a thousand or so off the price for them? Some agencies may have policies on this though.
              Over the years we have found different approaches from diff agencies to discounts but we have always got something off. I think you should approach a few agents and see what deal you can do if you are keen.

Hows your trade in the Bays going Bluekiwi? Hope its working out well. We have relocated our move on house now - going surprisingly well and unexpectedly it seems actually an easier process than some of the do-ups we have done - costs a little higher than Id hoped for, but thats usually the way and on the whole,very pleased with it
              Yep not bad, its not a trade but something I was hoping to keep long term, but have to sell for a variety of reasons, and one is to help me get into trading.

Here it is here actually:

If you cant work with neighbours for access to the rear site, then there is the option to either turn house around or move it down the back.
              Thats under the new Mixed Zoning rules, if I had of been able to buy the house next door, I could have had 3 extra sites at the rear.

But I am not brave enough to move houses around

Comment

Looks nicely done and well presented - good luck with the sale!

Comment

Last year in Aucks... one agency was offering $500 to anyone for referrals.

Only condition was they had to get the listing.
                  Either that or the property had to be sold first.
                  Can't remember.

I only know this because of some work I did for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                    Yep not bad, its not a trade but something I was hoping to keep long term, but have to sell for a variety of reasons, and one is to help me get into trading.

Here it is here actually:

If you cant work with neighbours for access to the rear site, then there is the option to either turn house around or move it down the back.
                    Thats under the new Mixed Zoning rules, if I had of been able to buy the house next door, I could have had 3 extra sites at the rear.

But I am not brave enough to move houses around
                    Really nice staging and photos. It makes such a huge difference to the presentation. You could have gone around the boundary fences and given them a lick of matching paint though .

Man.. that was a great buy price. Surely the value must be $200,000 more higher now with that reno plus further market rises.

Shane

Comment

Working...
                    X