Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keri Keri - up & coming area .Keen to invest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keri Keri - up & coming area .Keen to invest.

Have just come back from a 4 night holiday at Paihia and paid a visit while there to Keri Keri which i was very impressed with. Great infrastructure ,nice layout of the township and historic attractions coupled with very affordable large land sizes and newly built 3 to 4 bedroom homes. Roughly a 1/3 of the price we'd pay here in Auckland. On reflection it would be a nice area to live ,perhaps for retirement.
    Paihia only 20 minutes away has the nice beaches too as an added bonus.

What does anyone else think? Perhaps buying a bach there or some form of property investment.

Northland's a funny ol' place. Return from a holiday you naturally want to go back. Love Northland. Investment wise, it's easy to get into but perhaps harder to extract oneself. My extended family had a bach at Oakura Bay, a truly beautiful paradise. Some properties there have been on the market for over ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
      Have just come back from a 4 night holiday at Paihia and paid a visit while there to Keri Keri which i was very impressed with. Great infrastructure ,nice layout of the township and historic attractions coupled with very affordable large land sizes and newly built 3 to 4 bedroom homes. Roughly a 1/3 of the price we'd pay here in Auckland. On reflection it would be a nice area to live ,perhaps for retirement.
      Paihia only 20 minutes away has the nice beaches too as an added bonus.

What does anyone else think? Perhaps buying a bach there or some form of property investment.
      Property investment to rent or to wait until prices go up in that area in the next 15 years ?

Comment

I was thinking more for family use. But its a lot of money to tieup just for the occasional weekend away.Eventually i could look at retiring there.

Comment

One of the more important aspects of retirement is already knowing people - and hopefully having a friend or two - in that community.

The lucky ones are those who identify "their spot" early, establish links over a number of years, and then move there permanently.

Comment

I own property in Paihia, it is by far my worst performing property in my portfolio. Had I put that money into Auckland I would have made about $200k in growth, instead I have made nothing. Taught me a lot though. Currently got it on the market while all the tourists are up there.

But then buying a bach is completely different to buying an investment property.

Comment

When i looked at Paihia i thought the town shops area was poorly laid out .Everything crammed together & many shops selling similar things. Do you think Keri Keri would be a better performer? Certainly the infrastructure and schools look good there and i was impressed with how well the town was laid out.

Comment

Apart from the growing advantages to the orchardists, I fail to see the point of Kerikeri. Why have a Far North location without immediate/easy access to a beautiful local beach? Paihia doesn't count - too far away. By immediate, I mean not needing a car to get there.

Comment

good point that

Comment

I agree with Leftette, I have never understood why Kerikeri has grown so big because there is nothing there. It is (or at least was recently) one of the fastest growing towns in NZ. A lot of Aucklander's semi retire up there, but there is so much land and so many sections currently that there is nothing to really push values up other than speculation. Also if you were to have it as a bach you have to travel every time you want to go anywhere as all the beaches are at least a 20 min drive.

Comment

Local beaches are left to the tourists.
                      Local retirees take their boats out.
                      Far more relaxing.

Comment

In Kerikeri, what local beaches are these? Speak for yourself. I do both, and the beach visits are far more relaxing than the hassle of getting up early, preparing boat/sounder/lifejackets/warm clothes, unpacking bait, fuelling up, travel to ramp, unloading, motoring out and back, loading (esp in waves), travel back, unloading in reverse, cleaning the boat, car/tractor and trailer and THEN cleaning all the fish, not to mention cooking it. All great fun, but far from relaxing.

Comment

Oh, I suppose some would classify that as boating.
                          However, a retiree with a week or two to potter around in the Bay and beyond would be glad he doesn't.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that, sb. You know you're just delaying the inevitable annual bottom-scrubbing, re-paint and very expensive engine maintenance bills. Not to mention on-going mooring costs.

Comment

^
                              Ha.
                              When I was in my twenties I used to row out to my yacht.
                              Certainly don't do that now.

Antifoul?
                              Drive on to the sea lift, hop off.
                              3 days later, hop on, drive off the sea lift.

As I mentioned before; quite happy spending my retirement money supporting local businesses who assist my lifestyle.
                              Can't take it with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X