Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leasing Property to HNZ, Anyone Done it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leasing Property to HNZ, Anyone Done it?

As the title suggests has anyone opted to go this way? It sounds all too easy based on the info they list on the site.........

Originally posted by LEGACY View Post
    As the title suggests has anyone opted to go this way? It sounds all too easy based on the info they list on the site.........
    I have always had a negative impression on leasing properties to HNZ...

here's one discussion a few months back:

Comment

If you have no attachment to the house and want long term, it could be a good option. Never do a drive by.

Comment

Depends, do you want your house to stand out as being the dump of the street? do you want tenants who will probably use the property for drugs? do you want to be locked into a long contract, which means if you ever want to sell. Sure you can sell the house but it will have to be sold to someone who wants to carry on the lease to HNZ in turn it will take a longer time to sell.

I live on a street where there are quite a few HNZ houses there's one block of 4 in my part of the road (the good part, mostly owner occupied all well kept) they bring down the standard hugely. I've also lived next door to a HNZ house, the house was a tinny house, the tenants were ripping up carpet in the lounge and using it for carpet in the garage there were probably about 3 or 4 families living in a 2 bedroom house. The tenants would constantly party and had loud music playing all day, they had about 3 dogs there which HNZ said they were not permitted to have but they never actually sorted it out.

The thing with HNZ is, they will expect you to present the house in top condition but they will rent to rubbish tenants, if the tenants damage the house? No problem!
        HNZ fixes it up to a sub-standard and moves the next tenants in, in the end when you do eventually get the property back it will be in a state. I wouldn't lease to HNZ if I was you.

Comment

Working...
        X