Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Auckland First House Advice.

Hi,
    Am looking to buy my first house, and have been pre approved for $450, but wanting to pay under $425 if I can. Living in Tat Pen and obviously have missed the Te Atatu boat, and wondering what is my best bet with what I've got, Glen Eden or Henderson? Any advice welcome!

Glendene isn't to far from Te atatu and seems to be improving.
    Couple of listings that look ok
    TM 626360663

Comment

Thanks! Barrys Rd ticks all boxes apart from being leasehold.

Comment

Glen Eden is up and coming. At that price point could be tricky but try to get something off captain Scott rd if possible. Walking distance to train station is bonus. The southern side closer to titirangi is nicer than the northern part near glen Eden school.

Comment

That is what my instincts are thinking in terms of street appeal, but it's not as close to the motorway, so more suburban. One off Captain Scott, I looked at in the weekend, Looks like it'll sell north 0f $420.
          TM Listing #: 632914073

Comment

What makes you think it's leasehold?.

Originally posted by mercury111 View Post
            Thanks! Barrys Rd ticks all boxes apart from being leasehold.

Comment

In my opinion either Massey, Glen Eden or Henderson.

Massey is on the way up with the expansion of Westgate Shopping Centre and the motorways. The schooling in Massey is probably the only slight let down. But there's quite a few nice places coming up around Massey.

Glen Eden has improved a lot lately. There's quite a lot to choose from in that market as well, there's a good selection of schools and it's a train ride from the central city and central city fringe high schools. There's quite a few nice houses in the centre of Glen Eden not so much on the Oratia border though.

Henderson - There's many parts to Henderson, most are becomingly better and better. For your price range I would suggest either something on or off Sturges Road and around there or something in the Rathgar Road and surrounding streets area. Both parts are close to the mall and public transport as well as Lincoln Road and there's quite a good selection of schools as well. $420K would probably get you something decent around there.

As far as your price range goes my best recommendation would probably be Henderson or Massey. Now even getting into a decent place in Glen Eden for under $425K isn't as easy as it was 12 months ago.

Comment

Good suggestions here td91

Given the budget, best bet is probably Massey or Henderson.

Try looking around Royal Heights part of Massey and closer to West Harbour.
                Or the cheaper part of West Harbour south of Luckens Road. Although it would be quite hard to find anything at 400K.

Comment

[QUOTE=wilditr;315666]What makes you think it's leasehold?.[/Q

I viewed it on the Ray White website, and the Title says Leasehold.

Comment

Thank you, keen to stay away from Massey if I can, partly cause of schools partly cause of Pylons. But will do some more research into West Harbour Fringes, and Royal Heights. On the Henderson note, any knowledge what Newington Rd area is like? Thanks again, for any input.

Comment

You're right merc it says leasehold on the website; but surely that can't be right.
                      Are you sure it's not meant to read crosslease ?

Comment

Cross out anything next to or underneath pylons.
                        I also don't like properties backing onto the motorway or railway lines.

re: school zones in your target suburbs it's really strange.
                        There are very few mid-range schools around Massey/Henderson/West Harbour.
                        You have Marina View, Hobsonville (both decile 9) or West Harbour school (decile 3) within the same suburb, separated by Luckens Road.
                        Summerland/Western Heights schools (decile 7) in a pocket around Sturges Road whilst most of Massey/Henderson at decile 3 (Don Buck/Colwill/Henderson schools).

Of course it would be ideal if you can buy a do-up in a good school zone (refer the ones mentioned above). But these are not easy to find so you've got to get in quick and have finance lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                          You're right merc it says leasehold on the website; but surely that can't be right.
                          Are you sure it's not meant to read crosslease ?
                          If it was leasehold it wouldn't be going for 429K.

Comment

I've messaged the agent to see if it was a typo since leasehold does seem strange. Yes Grip that would be the ideal! Understand my budget is modest, so trying to make the most out of what I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by grip View Post
                              If it was leasehold it wouldn't be going for 429K.
                              Precisely.
                              You can buy large fancy leasehold in Kohi for well under 300k.

Of course it's not "going for 429k", however if I was interested in the house I would certainly be asking the question about the title.

Comment

Working...
                              X