Sob story of the day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ammar View Post
    . . .those are educated skilled people finding it hard to buy their home.
    They can, of course.
    There are numerous houses in Manurewa, Clendon and Mangere that they could afford.

What you left out was the usual " . . . in the areas that they would prefer to live".

Comment

Originally posted by ammar View Post
      partner does work because of little children, earns 80K no debt.
      Out of interest, what does the 40 yr old hold a Phd in? What ever it is, i'll want to avoid that career path!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
        What you left out was the usual " . . . in the areas that they would prefer to live".
        What you left out was the usual school zoning restrictions and work commute restrictions.

Comment

My wife has a PhD in Biochemistry....but works as a Finance Strategist for a large Beer Company. Doesn't necessary follow that what their PhD is in is what they are employed to do.

Comment

I was talking to a friend the other day who has 2 children living and working in Auckland. He was researching buying a flat for them to live in in the CBD. I suggested he look outside the CBD but he said they had to live in the CBD because otherwise the commute would be too great. Seems he had been sucked into 'instant' desires of the children and he's a man who had to work hard for what he had (and take great risks).

Comment

Struggling to find a 3 bedroom house with a garage and backyard in West Auckland within the $450K range?

Maybe they need to lower their search standards there are plenty of places within Henderson, Massey and Glen Eden areas. Yes maybe they don't have brand new kitchens, bathrooms and all the nice mod cons but there are plenty of places out there for the picking.

Comment

They wouldn't want to see the place I am considering then But hey Ill live in a shed if I can have acres.

Comment

What would be wrong with something like this for them as a first home? http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-616041201.htm

It's tidy, 3 bedrooms decent living areas both inside and out. There's potential to add value right the way through out, you would get plenty of change out of $450K. Say they stayed there for 2-4 years, put in a new kitchen, bathroom added some carpet and a bit of their own touch and during that time kept saving they would find when it came to sell they would be able to take the next step up on the ladder.

Problem is people set their standards too high. Sure $450K won't buy you the house of your dreams but it will buy you something that has plenty of potential.

Comment

Another gen y sob story about how they can't live the lifestyle of what they think they are entitled to.

If u want to live in the city buy an apartment. If u want space try manurewa. The first house I brought the toilet was black and stained. The kitchen and had had never been cleaned.

Comment

Originally posted by td91 View Post
                      What would be wrong with something like this for them as a first home? http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-616041201.htm

It's out 'West', so clearly a hell hole!

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                        It's out 'West', so clearly a hell hole!
                        Definitely no cafe on every corner imagine living somewhere like that :P

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                          I just saw a 2-bed block/tile unit in Glenfield sell for around $370. Clean, tidy, good location, lots of grass for kids. Moaning waste of space, this couple.
                          They won't be allowed to buy a unit with a low deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by mercury111 View Post
                            They won't be allowed to buy a unit with a low deposit.
                            What makes you say that ?
                            Last edited by speights boy; 02-09-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

It has been a condition in my own low deposit pre approval, and in family and friends, interested if there is a way around that?

Comment

What was the wording of the condition?
                                What % deposit are we talking?
                                Last edited by speights boy; 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X