Terrace Housing Zone Under Auckland Unitary Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrace Housing Zone Under Auckland Unitary Plan

I have a house in the Terraced housing zone in the new Auckland Unitary Plan.
    What am I allowed to build there?
    What design restrictions are there?
    NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

Originally posted by buxlo122 View Post
    I have a house in the Terraced housing zone in the new Auckland Unitary Plan.
    What am I allowed to build there?
    What design restrictions are there?

No maximum number of HHU stated per lot. All HHU must be designed and comply with height in relation to boundary rules. This will be looked at as a 'Restricted Discretionary Activity' if you can get a good planner and not break the rules it should get through.

For maximum profit/benefit its best to design 3 to 4 stories high buildings.

Then based on your plans you need to apply for a 'Land Use and Subdivision Resource Consent'
    After thats approved, depending on where your property is, you may need to build it before subdividing and issuing of titles.

Also if you wanted to create empty lots, remember you cannot subdivide into smaller than 1200sq/mtr empty lots.

Thats how I understand it.

Cheers,
    Baldy

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
      No maximum number of HHU stated per lot. All HHU must be designed and comply with height in relation to boundary rules. This will be looked at as a 'Restricted Discretionary Activity' if you can get a good planner and not break the rules it should get through.

Then based on your plans you need to apply for a 'Land Use and Subdivision Resource Consent'
      After thats approved, depending on where your property is, you may need to build it before subdividing and issuing of titles.

Also if you wanted to create empty lots, remember you cannot subdivide into smaller than 1200sq/mtr empty lots.

Cheers,
      Baldy

What is a HHU?
      If my section is 830m2 what could I build? Units or semi attached dwellings?
      If I bought my neighbors section what could I build (1600m2 total)?
      NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

Comment

This should answer everything for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post

Cheers,
          Baldy
          I have been reading the building controls and looking at this zone. And you have a lot right here baldy. Remember its only a draft plan and your zone may change September or when the draft is approved. I am not sure once approved, over the 3 year wait for it to be enacted, how much can or will change. But its basically the more yellow you see the more gold your going to get. Watch the setbacks as that controls how much you can build. So bigger sites are better. Why do you say 3 or 4 stories is max profit, if you can go 8 stories would you not do that ?

Comment

Look the site up on the unitary plan search engine, as you may be in a precinct that has special rules, or you may have an 'overlay" or special rule affecting your site. The help desk of the council re the unitary plan is very good :0

Comment

hi KyronGosse!
              I will response very soon.

Comment

Working...
              X