• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Thanks for your email.

07 834 6186

Comment

• Best on the market is Rentsure.co.nz they also do house insurance and can package both together - cheers

Comment

• Greenlane?

Comment

• Hi, am with NZI. Tenants vacated my Chch property day of Feb 22 EQ after it was rendered uninhabitable. Still awaiting conclusion of NZI loss adjustor but structural reports all processed etc. The claims officer has been good to communicate with by both phone and email. ie answers your questions, forwards info, stays in contact. I was insured for loss of rent and have had no problems at all in that regard, have received regular monthly payments direct to my account. Obviously the biggie is the loss adjustor, who knows what will be put on the table, but at least that rental cashflow tap is still flowing.

Comment

• How to get discounts on insurance

1)When buying a home, consider its location. You may be entitled to a home insurance discount if your new house is close to a fire hydrant or in a community that has a professional fire service, opposed to volunter service. You may be entitled to an insurance discount if electrical, plumbing, and heating systems are under ten years old. Brick and tile homes are generally more durable, resistant to fire, and require less maintenance.

2)Having a burglar alarm installed.

Any others??

Comment

• Have all your insurance with one company. if they don't automatically give a discount for that, negotiate one.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomW View Post
                Brick and tile homes are generally more durable, resistant to fire, and require less maintenance.
                Christchurch earthquake may have changed insurers minds on that. Definitely cost more for their emergency repairs for tile homes.

Comment

• Get a list of quotes then pass them onto to your potential insurer (bank in my case) and what do you know they come back cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomW View Post
                    1) Brick and tile homes are generally more durable, resistant to fire, and require less maintenance.
                    Bricks don't burn but the timber frames do. Tiles don't burn and neither does iron but they both suffer when the trusses burn. Maybe less maintenance (though I would argue tiles have more maintenance than iron - moss et all) but insurance doesn't cover maintenance so why make it cheaper?

Comment

• Check if your employer has a group discount package, usually banks have this with larger employers and government bodies.
                      Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
                      My Website
                      Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

• Home insurance on older New Zealand homes?

Hello everyone,

I am looking into purchasing an older 1930s bungalow in New Zealand (Wanganui) and I was wondering if anyone has any advice on home insurance policies. I heard its difficult to get insurance on a home this old....is this true and does any one have any experience with this? Thanks and god bless!

Comment

• If it is over 50 years old it is likely to need to be re-wired for insurance to apply properly. Check if it has been. I understand you are overseas from other posts - it would be worth paying for a decent builders inspection - also, someone on here may know the place & help out if you are really lucky.

Comment

• Our place is 1910's, we went through Mike Pero and are now insured by Aon. We had 3 months to get an electrical inspection done which cost a little over $100. This threw up one problem that we had to remedy, after doing so we were insured for good.

Comment

• WEll as i know if this is above 50 year old then this should be repair to fulfill the requirement of the insurance policy. i think this will not be applicable.

Comment

• Email an insurance broker. They'll be able to tell you much more precisely.

Comment

Working...
                                X