weymouth or otahuhu poised to take off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    I grew up in Weymouth. Went to Weymouth Intermediate, then James Cook High School.

Good to hear the area is improving. Went down a bit for a bit there.
    Got better when you left Davo

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Got better when you left Davo
      Haha. Takin' out the white trash...
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

It's strange if it is improving. Recently working with my foster son and being in there almost daily the area is just awful. Police everywhere, drug houses everywhere. It's just awful. There are good parts towards the water still but overall it would be a really marginal area to get good tenants. HNZ are buying up a lot of places in there.

Comment

I am in there weekly and nothing has changed. Police seem to be harassing people there all the time.
          "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
            I am in there weekly and nothing has changed. Police seem to be harassing people there all the time.
            Undeservedly so you mean?
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
              Undeservedly so you mean?
              Sometimes Davo, I compare it to how the police are always picking on the black community in the states, sometimes justified but other times not necessary. You just get the feeling that the Police are looking for things to Police out that way.

FH

Comment

Sometimes Davo, I compare it to how the police are always picking on the black community in the states, sometimes justified but other times not necessary. You just get the feeling that the Police are looking for things to Police out that way.
                Is it picking on if it's an odds on bet? Like that Aussie copper on the TV a couple weeks ago. He sits outside this prolific disqualified drivers house each week because he knows he's going to get a mark toward his weekly "quota".

Comment

FH
                  I call gibberish on that statement. Obama sowed seeds of division creating perceived victim-hood among the black communities of America, aided by radical racist groups like Black Lives Matter and funded by leftist globalist loons and Godfather of the Left, George Soros . The end result whites are being blamed for everything bad and the police both black & white cannot do their job.

The situation in Weymouth where police are arresting individuals will be for good reason - they are there to do a job. There is a lot of crime in the area and this is reflected by many of the comments from people that live in the area. If you want police to be able to continue to do their job don't create false flag narratives that they are targeting individuals based on skin colour , by doing so you are aiding many radical tribalist Maori that advocate for separatist policies in NZ .Deputy Leader of Labour Kelvin Davis advocates separate prisons for Maori , this should be a warning call .

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                    I call gibberish on that statement. Obama sowed seeds of division creating perceived victim-hood among the black communities of America, aided by radical racist groups like Black Lives Matter and funded by leftist globalist loons and Godfather of the Left, George Soros . The end result whites are being blamed for everything bad and the police both black & white cannot do their job.
                    Ah - innocent Blacks don't get shot by the police more than innocent Whites?

The situation in Weymouth where police are arresting individuals will be for good reason - they are there to do a job. There is a lot of crime in the area and this is reflected by many of the comments from people that live in the area. If you want police to be able to continue to do their job don't create false flag narratives that they are targeting individuals based on skin colour , by doing so you are aiding many radical tribalist Maori that advocate for separatist policies in NZ .Deputy Leader of Labour Kelvin Davis advocates separate prisons for Maori , this should be a warning call .
                    I'd agree with you there. I really doubt that the Police have an agenda in Weymouth.
                    It is well known that increased police presence in an area has a reducing effect on crime.

Comment

FH
                      A really intelligent woman called Celia Lashlie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celia_Lashlie) who was a former prison warden and worked with a lot of troubled young men said as much on the radio one day.

Basically they can get more fines etc. out there. I'd trust what she says.

And yes Wayne, they will be reducing crime by being there.
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                        Ah - innocent Blacks don't get shot by the police more than innocent Whites?

I'd agree with you there. I really doubt that the Police have an agenda in Weymouth.
                        It is well known that increased police presence in an area has a reducing effect on crime.
                        Statistically per head of population blacks commit more crime . Statistically blacks kill other blacks more than whites kills blacks.
                        Lets put some perspective : Blacks commit more than 5 times crimes leading to a jail sentence compared to white citizens:

2010. Inmates in adult facilities, by race and ethnicity. Jails, and state and federal prisons.
                        Race, ethnicity % of US population % of U.S.
                        incarcerated population
                        % of racial group
                        White (non-Hispanic) 64 39 0.45
                        Hispanic 16 19 0.831
                        Black 13 40 2.306
                        As soon as we ignore those statistical facts and instead enter a mindset that a ""conflict of duty"" arises because an officer is of a different colour to a perpetrator then the person uttering that statement becomes the problem racist. Similar parallels are happening here in NZ.

Comment

Yes, Wikipedia goes into this in great depth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_i...justice_system

It's an awful cycle.
                          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

You cannot deny the statistics, but thats all they are stats and figures. You need to look at the root cause of these problems, the stats are just a result of many issues these people have had growing up

They are a product of their own environment and with no way out from poverty they turn to crime, who's fault is this? I believe its societies fault. I believe the gap in Auckland is getting wider also. Places like clendon are being left behind, bringing the standards up in these areas will be hard, low income, lack of financial education, and the breakup of the traditional family are the greatest problems they face. It really does take a community to bring everyone into line. At the moment there is none.

FH

Comment

You cannot deny the statistics, but thats all they are stats and figures. You need to look at the root cause of these problems, the stats are just a result of many issues these people have had growing up

They are a product of their own environment and with no way out from poverty they turn to crime, who's fault is this? I believe its societies fault. I believe the gap in Auckland is getting wider also. Places like clendon are being left behind, bringing the standards up in these areas will be hard, low income, lack of financial education, and the breakup of the traditional family are the greatest problems they face. It really does take a community to bring everyone into line. At the moment there is none.

FH
                              That's where you and I depart company ,causation ultimately is caused by individual choice , personal responsibility does not cry victim-hood like your opinion citing ""its societies fault"". I have seen real third world poverty first hand where families live in rubbish dumps ,the parents turn their kids out in neatly ironed school uniforms,in the main staying away from drugs and crime . Yes, environment can play a huge factor that will in part determine ones outcome but it is not an out clause for ""personal responsibility"" .

The world renowned Dunedin study of 1000 citizens from childbirth in 1972 to present day ,over 40 years found that the over riding factor in ""successful"" life outcome was SELF CONTROL.
                              Last edited by mrsaneperson; 09-09-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

The cycle repeats itself till someone breaks its, BUT its hard to do thats why most people don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X