Any one know a good reliable builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one know a good reliable builder

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good reliable and hopefully reasonably priced builder on the shore that I can use for a building report and some building addition / repair work?

Yes

call Stuart

Comment

ahhm ok......... This is one of those guessing games isn't it? lol... Alright but can you give me a hint? Is Stuart his first name or last name?

Comment

Originally posted by friendly_prawn View Post
        ahhm ok......... This is one of those guessing games isn't it? lol... Alright but can you give me a hint? Is Stuart his first name or last name?
        Yep you have to wonder if he got interupted part way through that wonderful piece of advise.

Okay I asked same question as you last year, and was put on to "Boro Blazevich" a Croation who ended up doing some well priced and quality work on our bathrooms.
        He brought in his Macedonian friend to do some of the grunt work (who didnt speak any english), and a very very good croation tiler, and I also had my Pakistani painter working on the outside as well

Comment

cheers bluekiwi you don't have a ph number for Boro do you?

Comment

Yep, I was digging it out.
            027 483 6653, he lives in Mairangi Bay.
            Let me know how he goes.

Our was a small job but he reckons he has done additions before.

I am using another guy just up the road to do some small stuff as Boro was busy december.

But let me know how you get on.
            If he does a good job for you, I might look at him for our extension we are thinking about.

But I am pretty sure I will use him when we do our bathrooms and then kitchen latter this year.

Comment

ah.. not sure if he does building reports.

had a chap that did our building report who was very good and very cheap, and he just does reports.

His name was Rob Barnes, from Bays Inspection Services, very experienced, cost about $550 for a large house which is quite a good price.

Comment

ok cool I'll let you know how it goes.. thanks for the info bluekiwi..

Comment

rang around... just for the hell of it.. Average quote was $600 + gst! STuff that.. Not paying that sort of money to some one for spending half an hour looking at the same stuff I could.. Finally got a builder that will give me a written report for $150 and he comes recommended.

Comment

rang around... just for the hell of it.. Average quote was $600 + gst! STuff that.. Not paying that sort of money to some one for spending half an hour looking at the same stuff I could.. Finally got a builder that will give me a written report for $150 and he comes recommended.
                    i struggle to believe any builder would leave himself open to the lawsuit that can come from doing building reports, especially when his $150 report is on a 500k leaky home repair, when the shit hits the fan everybody gets dragged in
                    Last edited by jimO; 04-02-2013, 09:01 PM.

Comment

well that's kinda funny since this is the second one I have had done at $150.00 from different builders too and another I had for free done by a friend.. :-)

Comment

I get mine done for a bottle of rum...but then he did build my house first!

Comment

well that's kinda funny since this is the second one I have had done at $150.00 from different builders too and another I had for free done by a friend.. :-)
                          they are just slow learners

Comment

I know the angle that jimO is coming from, unfortunately we live in an increasingly litigious world; which is a big downer for all of us.Just doing a simple garage to bedroom conversion reno has being a "helluva" hassle.Whats worse is the bureaucratic powers that be are making things go" underground" as homeowners grapple with large consent bills & redtape forcing their hands to do things illegally.
                            The leaky building crisis has made things worse for all .The many new rules & regulations are making things worse rather than better.
                            Last edited by mrsaneperson; 04-02-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

yep yep yep.. really do agree.. and I too understand what jim0 is saying.. But there are still some good buggers out there or slow learners as jimo calls them.. Finding them can be the hard part.. I just got lucky today.. Hopefully I do have a good and reasonable builder I can rely on for the future...

Comment

Working...
                              X