Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Areas in Auckland with good balance of rental and capital gain

Hi there,

Can posters here suggest their favored areas for IPs which stand to get a good balance between rental and capital gain? Are there any suburbs out there that have become new "hot spots" for rentals?

Originally posted by sparkytheclown View Post
    Hi there,

Can posters here suggest their favored areas for IPs which stand to get a good balance between rental and capital gain? Are there any suburbs out there that have become new "hot spots" for rentals?
    My favorite suburb for the best combo of rental yield and capital growth is Otahuhu. You can get a net yield of 6% and it is a suburb that is close to areas targeted for intensification and development.

Areas close by to be developed further, highbrook & Mt Wellington.

Close to rail station for electrification and rail upgrades.

Comment

good balance between rental and capital gain?
      All of Central Auckland is experiencing good rental growth and capital gan at the moment and long term.

What do you mean by " good balance between rental and CG" ? Are you referring for good Yields? so what yields are good in your eye?
      New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
      FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
      CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

Personally, I would stay away from Avondale (except Avondale Heights which is Mt Albert II), Otahuhu, Glen Innes, Point England, certain parts of Mt Roskill where HNZ occupies.

Central Auckland is best, working class areas like St Lukes, Sandringham, Mt Wellington, Onehunga, but these areas are now pricy too...

Out east, Pakuranga, but this is getting expensive.

Out west, Te Atatu Peninsula is my favourite, and southern part of New Lynn boardering Green Bay and Titirangi come second.

Out south, Mangere Bridge (expensive), Papatoetoe (old part).

Comment

Manurewa (but not Clendon).

Comment

Working...
          X