Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to meet investors in Auckland

Folks,

The Quiggles family tour of the world is coming to a city near you in the near future. We are heading to Buffalo to check out our rental properties but are coming back via NZ for our first look at the land of the long white cloud.

I'd sincerely like to meet and chat with people interested in discussing real estate in Australia, NZ and the US. Preferably over a beer or some of your brilliant sauvignon blanc.

We'll be in Auckland on the nights of Tuesday and Wednesday 17-18 May, and Queenstown on the nights of 19 and 20 May (although I'm REALLY supposed to be on holiday there).

Any takers, any interest? If there are a number of acceptances, a volunteer to help organise would be way cool too - or at lest to suggest a venue.

What people will do to make a trip tax deductible.

From what I know of your exploits in the US, by the timeyou leave NZ, any CF+ that are around, you will probably own.

Comment

Thank you (I think) CJ, but if there are no other comments or desires to actually meet up, I'll arrange a more solitary booze up .

More seriously, doesn't ANYONE want to come out on one of those nights to have a comfortable discussion about real estate??

Comment

I am supprised no one whats a chat. Unfortunatly it is a bit to far to come from the UK.

Comment

I'm surprised as well - you sure the UK is too far? (I'm coming via Buffalo - the long way round ).

Still calling for interested investors for a discussion on all thing property...

Comment

I too am surprised that no one wants to take you up on the offer. But surely Buffalo is not to far from Bandar Seri Begawan. Maybe you could drop in on me.

I do hope someone gets in touch with you.

Regards

Tamara
            You don't know how great things are until you loose it.

Comment

Hi Guys

May 17 and 18 is Tuesday and Wednesday. I probably could make a trip to Auckland to inspect my property and have a chat to the Property Manager and then meet up with you, Quiggles, for a cup of tea and a chat.

Will confirm closer to the day.

Come on you other PropertyTalk junkkies, let's make a day or night of it.

Regards
              "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Hey quiggles, we might not be in the same league as far as property is concerned, but if you’re willing to put up with some stumbling from a newbie on the topic then its only right for you to receive a hearty welcome here in Auckland, my shout since I will be in the company of wisdom and experience.

Originally posted by quiggles
                I'd sincerely like to meet and chat with people interested in discussing real estate in Australia, NZ and the US. Preferably over a beer or some of your brilliant sauvignon blanc.

We'll be in Auckland on the nights of Tuesday and Wednesday 17-18 May, and Queenstown on the nights of 19 and 20 May
                Originally posted by muppet
                May 17 and 18 is Tuesday and Wednesday. I probably could make a trip to Auckland to inspect my property and have a chat to the Property Manager and then meet up with you, Quiggles, for a cup of tea and a chat.
                muppet, you cheap skate , though I guess you have to pay for the petrol to get up here. I wouldn’t mind meeting up with you either muppet, my shout.

quiggles, put me on your list, PM me to chat in the mean time or post here as you get closer to the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tamara
                  I too am surprised that no one wants to take you up on the offer. But surely Buffalo is not to far from Bandar Seri Begawan. Maybe you could drop in on me.
                  Maybe we'll do Brunei on the next trip - the itinerary is booked already and the nearest we'll get to you is Singapore. (you could always jump over there!)
                  Originally posted by ivi
                  Hey quiggles, we might not be in the same league as far as property is concerned, but if you’re willing to put up with some stumbling from a newbie on the topic then its only right for you to receive a hearty welcome here in Auckland, my shout since I will be in the company of wisdom and experience.
                  Ivi,
                  We are all in the same league - I probably just have a few years on you. I'm certainly no guru and there's always room to learn. You and Muppet come, we'll talk and we can argue about the bill later. If anyone can suggest a good venue and a preferred date, that'd help.

Comment

Hi Quiggles

I am always looking for a reason to pop over to Singapore.

Tamara
                    You don't know how great things are until you loose it.

Comment

Hey Muppet,

I'll bring the thermos of hot water
                      if you bring a tea bag.

CC

Comment

With milk and 1 and bit teaspoons of sugar please.

We could make a night or two of this.

Roll on 17 and 18 of May.

Regards
                        "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Who wants to suggest the date and venue?

Comment

Personally, still a little way of to make any venue bookings quiggles, I’m happy to have a look around for a decent meeting place, are you a bit too crusty for a pub crawl?

Josko

PS. That’s a term of endearment, if you’re wondering.

Comment

I'm not too crusty, but I'd have to check with Dr Quiggles as to whether she wanted to come. I've noticed over the eyars that she isn't big on pub crawls, but OTOH she could always carry me home. If she did come, we'd also bring Rolling Thunder (our 9 year-old). I don't know what your pub laws say about that.

We take off on Good Friday (March 25 - if we haven't settled date and venue, I'll occassionally login in on our perigrinations and see what's cooking.

Comment

Working...
                              X