Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to check which year the house was built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to check which year the house was built?

Hi, I am a first home buyer and start looking for houses.

I try to avoid houses built from 1987 to 2004 due to the possibility of leaking.

But how can I find out which year the house was built?

Ads always say "70s", "80s" or "90s". Agents can't answer this question as well. When I asked an agent he said all he knows is that the house was built during 80s...

Could anyone tell me how to check it out?

Thanks you.

Jacky

Hi Jacky,

Best way to get more accurate age is to have a look at the property file and the LIM.

There, you can most likely find info regarding the initial planes and building consents.

Most leaky properties that I come across where Build around the 1990's.

If you find a good candidate property BUT you not sure if it is leaky you can do a special Thermal imaging property check for that matter.
    New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
    FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
    CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

maybe not as accurate as previous post but the quickest way to see when something was built is to look at the date on the hot water cylinder

Comment

The hot water cylinder date may be ok for low pressure tanks, but be aware that high pressure tanks have a much shorter life as they rely on the sacreficial anode inside the tank to stop the enamelled steel from corroding.
        I had one that was only 10 years old start to leak & had to be replaced. It was then that i discovered the 10 year life expectancy of a high pressure tank.
        Food.Gems.ILS

Comment

Check EVERY house for leaks, no matter when it was built.

Comment

Will have a look hot water cylinder next time!
            Will ask for a special Thermal imaging property check when do a builder report.

Thank you guys!

Comment

Working...
            X