Just signed a S&P agreement and got a building report done, the deck does not have a permit and is about 3m off the ground. Probably built 10 to 15 years ago.
How easy is it to get a permit for the deck retrospectively? I have also read about a 'safe and sanitary' report, but this does not hold as much weight as a permit.
I don't want to force the vendor to get a permit and there is no way I can get him down any more, we just spent 4 weeks negotiating the agreed price, far below his expectations.
Any thoughts from NZ's best? You know you are!
How easy is it to get a permit for the deck retrospectively? I have also read about a 'safe and sanitary' report, but this does not hold as much weight as a permit.
I don't want to force the vendor to get a permit and there is no way I can get him down any more, we just spent 4 weeks negotiating the agreed price, far below his expectations.
Any thoughts from NZ's best? You know you are!


Comment