No announcement yet.

Dane Wealth Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received this email from propertyteachers.com guys (I think, they didn't put their name on the email?), the main contract I signed is with North Island Holdings LLC which is a Phil Jones American company but it seems that propertyteachers are administering the money collecting here in NZ;

Hi Carole,

Thanks for your emails, let me clarify the situation clearly for you.

1. The guarantee on the web site refers to purchases of the 2 Day tax Liens and Deed Home Study Course, it does NOT refer to the Members Support Package that you claim
    2. It appears you have lost your job and are searching for ways to breach your contract with us to cease these payments. While we symapthise with your job loss, it is none of our fault and as such you are bond to honour the 12 month minimum term you committed to in your agreement with us.
    3. Any cessation of these payments will result in debt collectors being appointed to recover the full outstanding contract amount from you.
    4. You have requested a service which we have provided and continue to provide, there is no basis for a refund and you are therefore morally and legally obligated to fulfill the terms of your contract.

I'm sorry to say that I am now just giving up and gonna pay it. There is only 2 or 3 more payments and pursuing it further is just making me feel yukky. Every time I think about what these guys have done to me and my family I feel sick.

Thanks to everyone who has given their input and tried to help me out. I'm sorry I can't give you a better finish but the anxiety is just doing my head in.

Thanks again,

Neville & Carole

Comment

I don't get it they delivered a product that you ordered?

What part of that is something that they "did to you and tour family"?

Comment

Ok, pay the money, but also make sure you learn the lesson!

In the past I've lost out in a similar way, but the very hard and soul searching self examination that resulted has made me a better investor, and helped me avoid even bigger mistakes later on. So, on balance I still win, but only because I never stopped investing in myself, my future and my education.

The big loss you face here is not the money, its the future. If you give up investing because of this and settle for a kiwisaver funder retirement then that is a sad outcome, and a bigger loss than the money ever will be.

You only lose if you quit.

Comment

Hi Neville,

I know it has been said before but I hope you do not despair about this mistake, if anything it must have taught you that spending money on any coarse or stategy needs carefull investigation before parting with your money, I dont know enough about tax liens to comment on whether or not they are a sound tool to use for investing, thats not to say that it does not work for someone.

If you take anything from this situation I would believe that it would be that you now take more time to consider your investing strategies and not jump in to something you do not know enough about.

My 10 cents

FH

Comment

A truly wise post

Originally posted by Robin McCandless View Post
            Ok, pay the money, but also make sure you learn the lesson!

In the past I've lost out in a similar way, but the very hard and soul searching self examination that resulted has made me a better investor, and helped me avoid even bigger mistakes later on. So, on balance I still win, but only because I never stopped investing in myself, my future and my education.

The big loss you face here is not the money, its the future. If you give up investing because of this and settle for a kiwisaver funder retirement then that is a sad outcome, and a bigger loss than the money ever will be.

You only lose if you quit.
            Robin, you struck a chord with the fantastic attitude you show in this post.
            Please PM us to redeem a free copy of Sean Wood's book, "the 15 Million Dollar Man", we will mail to you at our expense

All the very best, and well done - the PropertyTutors Team
            PropertyTutors Limited
            Auckland - Wellington - Christchurch
            http://www.PropertyTutors.com

Comment

Originally posted by PropertyTutors View Post
              Robin, you struck a chord with the fantastic attitude you show in this post.
              Totally agree and good advice Robin.
              Take the lesson as a learning curve and dont give up. But instead next time remember the lessons you made.

Comment

Final post --- Result now secured: Here's how it ended. I kept up with the emails to propertyteachers and sent them a strong letter - next Phil Jones got involved (propertyteachers.com were just working for Phil as his agent in NZ). He agreed to stop trying to extract any more money from me. I agreed and I suppose I'll just have to write off the whole thing as a very expensive lesson on make sure you analse ALL contracts and don't rush into anything.

Thanks for the support of everyone on this thread. It's been great for me not to keep this to myself and get some great advice.

Neville

Comment

glad to see it is finally over.

Was the presenter the same as over here in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by whitt View Post
                    glad to see it is finally over.

Was the presenter the same as over here in this thread?
                    http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=26408
                    Yeah, Dan Eckelman was associated with Phil Jones but soon dumped him.
                    Last edited by essence; 21-07-2010, 08:49 PM. Reason: Rule 1b

Comment

I heard that Dan got the word from Donald, and Dan dumped Phil.

Now Dan is working with NZ mentors again...

Comment

Went to a seminar today in Auckland and this Dane Wealth Academy (Dan Eckelman) did a presentation on these.

Too good to be true by the sounds of it?
                        "You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right"

Comment

Yeah, that was my take on it too.. still there were plenty of people signing us to Dan's $3K seminar next weekend..
                          I would be interested to know from real people that exact set up costs of tax liens and how successful they have been..

Comment

I have been involved for the last year and half, and I have not heard of any successful stories with tax liens & deeds.

Some students transferred over 100k+ to US to buy foreclosures, and the judges are still out on that one. (Returns are 20%+ though.)

Personally I started with 10k USD, and have sold 18 land sections, but only made about 6-7k USD...

My time is best invested elsewhere...

Comment

Working...
                            X