Hi everyone, sorry for the long-ish post...
This is my first post. I've always been interested in property since I picked up my first Rich Dad book about 10 years ago. I want to invest in it before I'm 30.
A little background...
21 years old, male, working full time in Auckland, New Zealand. Finished a 3 year university course in agribusiness and horticulture. Been working for about 2-3 months now. Have put a budget in place, so saving around $150+ a week to pay off my student loan of roughly $25000. (hopefully will be paid off in 3 years time).
First goal is to get the student loan out of the way (major priority, the debt is no use to me and can gain 10% discount if I pay it off fast). I'm involved in kiwisaver, so will withdraw all my contributions and get $5000 from the government towards my first home, have to live in it for 6 months to qualify so will have to live in it for those initial 6 months but then not sure about it.
Here are my questions...
- For saving up for 3-4 years to gain a deposit once student loan is out of the way, where should I put this money? term deposits? forex? a single stock? managed fund?
- Should I buy a rental first or my own home first, or buy a 3 bedroom place and live in it while renting out the other rooms?
Look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.
This is my first post. I've always been interested in property since I picked up my first Rich Dad book about 10 years ago. I want to invest in it before I'm 30.
A little background...
21 years old, male, working full time in Auckland, New Zealand. Finished a 3 year university course in agribusiness and horticulture. Been working for about 2-3 months now. Have put a budget in place, so saving around $150+ a week to pay off my student loan of roughly $25000. (hopefully will be paid off in 3 years time).
First goal is to get the student loan out of the way (major priority, the debt is no use to me and can gain 10% discount if I pay it off fast). I'm involved in kiwisaver, so will withdraw all my contributions and get $5000 from the government towards my first home, have to live in it for 6 months to qualify so will have to live in it for those initial 6 months but then not sure about it.
Here are my questions...
- For saving up for 3-4 years to gain a deposit once student loan is out of the way, where should I put this money? term deposits? forex? a single stock? managed fund?
- Should I buy a rental first or my own home first, or buy a 3 bedroom place and live in it while renting out the other rooms?
Look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks.


Comment