We have a property in Christchurch with tenants.
We would like to put this property on the market.
We have never sold a property before lest one with tenants.
What do we say to the tenants? I can't stand the feeling that I am leaving them in the lurch or selling from under them. I know this is business yada yada, I just want to break it to them as nicely and considerately as possible.
If a buyer wants them out, does that become something they deal with when they take possession or do we have to give the tenants notice to vacate?
If we have to give them notice to vacate, when do we do that?
It is 60 days notice to vacate here in Aus, what is the notice time to vacate in NZ?
How do we tactfully handle the fact that people will want to see through the property while the tenants are living there. They are very busy professional people so I imagine this could becoming quite annoying for them.
ANY advice AT ALL greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!
We would like to put this property on the market.
We have never sold a property before lest one with tenants.
What do we say to the tenants? I can't stand the feeling that I am leaving them in the lurch or selling from under them. I know this is business yada yada, I just want to break it to them as nicely and considerately as possible.
If a buyer wants them out, does that become something they deal with when they take possession or do we have to give the tenants notice to vacate?
If we have to give them notice to vacate, when do we do that?
It is 60 days notice to vacate here in Aus, what is the notice time to vacate in NZ?
How do we tactfully handle the fact that people will want to see through the property while the tenants are living there. They are very busy professional people so I imagine this could becoming quite annoying for them.
ANY advice AT ALL greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!


Comment