Header Ad Module

Collapse

Getting a Decent Amount of Offers in - what systems do you use ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bluekiwi
    Fanatical
    • May 2008
    • 4002

    #1

    Getting a Decent Amount of Offers in - what systems do you use ?

    I am struggling finding the time to view enough houses to get a sufficient amount of offers in.

    Looking at putting in lots of offers on property that meet my criteria, yet having a full time job and young children, I find it hard to view enough of the properties that I am interested in.

    How does everyone manage to see enough properties to get offers in.

    I can see maybe 3 or 4 a week.

    Is it common practice to just put in conditional offers using a price that works for you, and seeing what eventuates and then viewing those.

    I have also seen evidence that unconditional offers are being taken ahead of conditional ones, at around 20k less.

    Uisng the "Funnel" theory I am not getting enough low balls in my funnell
  • k1w1
    Fanatical
    • Dec 2006
    • 1652

    #2
    I am not getting enough low balls in my funnell
    hahaha.

    I wouldn't express that out loud to anyone who doesn't understand PI!

    Comment

    • Bluekiwi
      Fanatical
      • May 2008
      • 4002

      #3
      Yeah I am just not serving up enough lowballs....

      And I'm not sucking them in hard enough...

      My offers you cant refuse..... are being refused !!

      Comment

      • Davo36
        Fanatical
        • Sep 2007
        • 8450

        #4
        Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
        I am struggling finding the time to view enough houses to get a sufficient amount of offers in.

        Looking at putting in lots of offers on property that meet my criteria, yet having a full time job and young children, I find it hard to view enough of the properties that I am interested in.

        How does everyone manage to see enough properties to get offers in.

        I can see maybe 3 or 4 a week.

        Is it common practice to just put in conditional offers using a price that works for you, and seeing what eventuates and then viewing those.

        I have also seen evidence that unconditional offers are being taken ahead of conditional ones, at around 20k less.

        Uisng the "Funnel" theory I am not getting enough low balls in my funnell
        This is a hard way of going about buying a property isn't it? Going around making lots of low offers? Just wastes everyone's time doesn't it?

        David
        Squadly dinky do!

        Comment

        • Kerry Christian
          Opinionated
          • Aug 2005
          • 236

          #5
          Bluekiwi

          Well done - but not working?

          Tell us what you are doing - Interested in this ?

          Comment

          • ladyagent
            Opinionated
            • Apr 2008
            • 116

            #6
            Won't be waisting my time, that's for sure.

            Comment

            • annaspanna
              Forum Junkie
              • Dec 2007
              • 473

              #7
              use a finder

              Comment

              • Bluekiwi
                Fanatical
                • May 2008
                • 4002

                #8
                My question is really about:

                "Putting in offers without seeing the property, to see if a realistic vendor counter signs back".

                Rather than wasting precious hours viewing properties where the vendor is not negotiable.

                Comment

                • annaspanna
                  Forum Junkie
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 473

                  #9
                  Put the offer in first based on the figures and then view it. You dont need to look first.
                  Just make sure your out is a good out.
                  That would be a waste of time looking at them all and then putting in your low offer.

                  Comment

                  • Davo36
                    Fanatical
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 8450

                    #10
                    I just can't believe this is the right way to go about buying real estate. Putting in offers before you've seen the places? That's the wrong way around I reckon.

                    How on earth do you know how much a place is worth without going through it. It's not all about the numbers surely.

                    If I was a real estate agent, and I had someone try to put in a lowish offer and they hadn't even seen the place I'd tell them to bugger off I reckon. I mean if you went and looked you a) might think it's worth it or b) if it's worth less, then you have reasons as to why.

                    David
                    Last edited by essence; 03-03-2009, 01:23 PM.
                    Squadly dinky do!

                    Comment

                    • annaspanna
                      Forum Junkie
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 473

                      #11
                      um lets see. Comparable stats, valuations if avail, rpnz, guru, photos, it should be all about the numbers, area knowledge etc etc etc.

                      You cant tell someone to just bugger off you must present the offer and would you want your agent to turn down offers on your behalf?

                      Its the vendors decision if they accept and offer sight unseen or not after all.

                      Comment

                      Working...