Hi all,
I have a small portfolio which I am about to add to with an offer accepted today (subject to DD of course).
LVR is about 70% but we do have some neg geared properties which need topping up each week (this has reduced dramatically since last year).
The new place is producing a $45 per week profit based on 100% lend and interest only.
We are relatively young (mid 20's) and dont intend on retiring for at least 20 years.
I wonder if it would be wise of me to set this place up as P&I to reduce the principle owing or is it better to throw that extra cash into the neg geared properties. If we did P&I we would reduce that $45 down to about $3 a week so still not losing money each week. All the other properties are on IO but plan to change them to P&I as soon as they start paying for themselves.
Can anyone recommend pros and cons to each scenario?
I used to think that IO was the only way until everything went pear shaped.
Ta,
Emma
I have a small portfolio which I am about to add to with an offer accepted today (subject to DD of course).
LVR is about 70% but we do have some neg geared properties which need topping up each week (this has reduced dramatically since last year).
The new place is producing a $45 per week profit based on 100% lend and interest only.
We are relatively young (mid 20's) and dont intend on retiring for at least 20 years.
I wonder if it would be wise of me to set this place up as P&I to reduce the principle owing or is it better to throw that extra cash into the neg geared properties. If we did P&I we would reduce that $45 down to about $3 a week so still not losing money each week. All the other properties are on IO but plan to change them to P&I as soon as they start paying for themselves.
Can anyone recommend pros and cons to each scenario?
I used to think that IO was the only way until everything went pear shaped.
Ta,
Emma


Comment