I'm sick of the media being constantly negative. Isn't there something good happening in NZ and the world
Here is some recent negative points from the media, with the positve spin added.
1) Average farm losing $100,000 income - BUT their interest rate has also dropped from say 10% to 7%. So if an average dairy farmer owes $3,000,000 thats $90,000 interest saving per year. Plus interest rates are set to reduce further, therefore I'm sure the long term interest savings will out weigh the income drop!
2) Low number of building consents - Fantastic news, so long term there will be a shortage of houses, therefore rent and house prices will increase.
3) Households are feeling the pinch? - Surely if a household owes $300,000, and the interest rate has dropped from 9% to 6%, that will save the household $9,000 per year or $173 per week. How can things be that bad?
4) Some tenants might struggle to pay their rent - True, but every property investor will shortly start to save $$$$ on their mortgage. Say average investor mortgage is $200,000. Drop 3% in interest, so save $6,000 in interest per year or $115 per week. So the $6,000 saving will last 17 weeks at $350 per week, if a tenant leaves. I'm very happy with this equation.
I think that property prices are on their way up. There is so many cashed up investors out there trying to buy at the moment, and I'm even starting
to hear about competition when buying an investment property.
Lets stop all the negative talk and start to focus on the positives. Interest rates are down and we can now buy postive properties. If you can buy, I think now is the perfect time. Too many people wait for the market to be at the bottom of the cycle and then miss it!
I even heard this excuse for not buying the other day, "I don't want to buy just yet as interest rates are still going down". So why not buy now and go on floating for a few months, then fix? Some people are just idiots!
Ross
Here is some recent negative points from the media, with the positve spin added.
1) Average farm losing $100,000 income - BUT their interest rate has also dropped from say 10% to 7%. So if an average dairy farmer owes $3,000,000 thats $90,000 interest saving per year. Plus interest rates are set to reduce further, therefore I'm sure the long term interest savings will out weigh the income drop!
2) Low number of building consents - Fantastic news, so long term there will be a shortage of houses, therefore rent and house prices will increase.
3) Households are feeling the pinch? - Surely if a household owes $300,000, and the interest rate has dropped from 9% to 6%, that will save the household $9,000 per year or $173 per week. How can things be that bad?
4) Some tenants might struggle to pay their rent - True, but every property investor will shortly start to save $$$$ on their mortgage. Say average investor mortgage is $200,000. Drop 3% in interest, so save $6,000 in interest per year or $115 per week. So the $6,000 saving will last 17 weeks at $350 per week, if a tenant leaves. I'm very happy with this equation.
I think that property prices are on their way up. There is so many cashed up investors out there trying to buy at the moment, and I'm even starting
to hear about competition when buying an investment property.
Lets stop all the negative talk and start to focus on the positives. Interest rates are down and we can now buy postive properties. If you can buy, I think now is the perfect time. Too many people wait for the market to be at the bottom of the cycle and then miss it!
I even heard this excuse for not buying the other day, "I don't want to buy just yet as interest rates are still going down". So why not buy now and go on floating for a few months, then fix? Some people are just idiots!
Ross


Comment