This you guys have to see...
Collapse
X
-
I lived in an apartment in California with a group of Construction guys, We were going to work one day and walking out of our apt, we encountered the cops. They were there cause someone had died. We managed a peek inside the front door on the way past. It looked exactly like that! and can you actually imagine the smell! uuuuh yuck!
on a brighter note: mmmm quiznos is yummy!!
Comment
-
Oh Oh!! I have one to rival this. And it's much closer to home!
My sister worked with a woman in her 60's who died last year. She was estranged from her family and as she knew she was dying, she had asked their boss to act as executor (?) of her estate. (She was leaving everything to charity).
No one from my sister's work had been to visit this woman and the boss had no idea on what she had agreed to.
The woman died, and the boss goes out to Swanson to see the 'estate' she gets to distribute to charity.
The photos say it all!
My sister said that the worst thing is that they often used to bring in pot-luck lunches on Fridays - and for a St Patrick's day lunch, this woman brought in green potato top pies. Now they were doubting that the green was due to food colouring!
Aside from the grossness of it all, it's actually quite sad that people live like this. These are not just messy people - they have some serious issues!
The front door:


Lisa
Comment
-
I viewed a house today. I was advised by the agent as I walked towards the property to pick a fragrant flower and put it under my nose and to also breathe through my mouth. I should've known!!!
The woman had lived in this two storied house for 40 years - and probably hadn't cleaned it for about that long as well. We could smell of cat urine from about 20 feet OUTSIDE the house and it was horrendous!! The REA told me that the owner had had 20+ cats living IN the house. When the REA had first viewed the property, there had been fresh and dried cat faeces through the house, fresh and dried liver (for said cats) in bowls all over the house.
The owner of the house was old and had subsequently broken her hip (thus house preparing for market). In her latter years she had become incontinent. ick.
By the time I viewed the property, the son had cleaned it out somewhat. We could now see (and smell!) the carpet. There was still three foot of dishes under, over around the sink - I kid you not.
I honestly didn't believe that people could live like this but apparently they still do.
Am I going to buy the house - absolutely, for the right price. Am I going to clean it out - NO FRICKING WAY!!!
I came home and had a shower. Not sure whether there were fleas in the house or not but oh god, I had to get clean.Patience is a virtue.
Comment
-
I once went to an open home where the tenant had dogs. There was so much grey fur on the carpet that I genuinely thought the carpet had been removed and we were walking on that old fluffy underlay.You can find me at: Energise Web Design
Comment
-





Comment