Financial Armageddon!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
    I do indeed steve, however after every bear there is a bull.

It's just a matter of keeping an eye on things and making the most of what ever opportunities present themselves in what ever the market is doing.
    Yep but was intrigued to read in the economist one bear lasted from 1965 to 1981/82 that's along time to wait!!!!!!!
    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• A Letter which was sent to Bank Manager

Dear Sirs,
      In view of current developments in the banking market, if one of my cheques is returned marked "insufficient funds”, does that refer to me or to you?

Yours faithfully

Comment

• Badger, you talk about this time bomb of CDOs. Isnt that what has been unravelling over the last couple of years? Are you talking of a new batch of unknown CDOs?

Comment

• Comment

• classic

i'll send it to my merryl lynch analyst friend

but i won't sent it to my friend the derivatives trader, he wouldn't find it funny...
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

• First your reality stricken cat and now the homeless stockbroker. Dean, you're in a good mood today eh...

Comment

• I find laughter a lot better for my disposition than angst.
                I get the latter everytime I turn on a tv, radio or open a paper!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Netwriter View Post

Very good.

I think you just have to look at it like a roulette game.
                  Red or black, red or black..... (bull or bear).

And sometimes the house wins !
                  That's the really nasty one.
                  I think one thing that is 100% certain, and it is being demonstrated already is that in this roulette game the house is going to win everytime

Comment

• The "D" word

So I get up this morning I am having my coffee watching my favourite entertainment network.............CNBC.............and they start discussing the current situation, three different commentators(at different times) and they say with relief We are not going to have a melt down, rather just and extended recession or depression............and Austria has just bailed out Erste bank...........

Seems players are picking end of 2009 for a recovery!!!!
                    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• When have those donkeys ever been right! They are simply Wall St cheerleaders, don't believe the spin as their guests on the show always have something to sell you and it is in their best interests to talk up the market.

The DOW won't recover for 10 years or so, similar to 1930-45 and 1965-82.

Also, what ever happening to Perriam Cove and Mat Gilligan’s venture- very very quiet.
                      Supposed to have titles 15th September I recall.

I think a lot of developers aree hitting the wall, it must be tough out there!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commercial Dan View Post
                        When have those donkeys ever been right! They are simply Wall St cheerleaders, don't believe the spin as their guests on the show always have something to sell you and it is in their best interests to talk up the market.

The DOW won't recover for 10 years or so, similar to 1930-45 and 1965-82.

Also, what ever happening to Perriam Cove and Mat Gilligan’s venture- very very quiet.
                        Supposed to have titles 15th September I recall.

I think a lot of developers aree hitting the wall, it must be tough out there!.
                        As I said CNBC is my favourite Entertainment programme. It can provide useful information but you have to take everything with a massive amount of salt...........and really listen to pick up the pearls.........as Conan O'brien said on one of his shows: "CNBC consists of ugly old bald guys and hot chicks. Well theres no counting for Conans taste ( the hot chicks comment) but it did sum up the programme well!

Comment

• as someone with basically eveything in savings the below is what i am afraid of

and it's interesting to the that the economist is exploring it/(

this is the end of the long article

"If all else fails, it seems, the one sure way to secure solvency in the private and public sectors is to inflate away debts and buoy up asset prices. That nuclear option is the ultimate bail-out: rescuing the indebted by hurting those with savings. In essence, if not degree, it is not so different from conventional policy. Interest-rate cuts are a salve for debtors and a penalty on savers. Fiscal-stimulus schemes impose a cost on all taxpayers, even those well placed to endure a downturn. But the cost of a prolonged slump, in terms of idle resources, lost income, decaying skills and an erosion in the trust that keeps civil society going, would be far higher."

whole story here

Staring at recession, policymakers in rich economies are considering how to avoid a prolonged slump. Here are some options—and some obstacles
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post
                            So I get up this morning I am having my coffee watching my favourite entertainment network.............CNBC.............and they start discussing the current situation, three different commentators(at different times) and they say with relief We are not going to have a melt down, rather just and extended recession or depression............and Austria has just bailed out Erste bank...........

Seems players are picking end of 2009 for a recovery!!!!
                            My view: Watch CNBC and then find an opinion that is the exact opposite of everything mentioned. Except Peter Schiff LOL

Peter Schiff on Bulls & Bears : June 28, 2008
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIDSpIIbAnk

FedFarmer (1 week ago)

CNBC IS the propaganda organ for the Federal Reserve and Wall Street. Gary Smith is one of their favorite dullard goofy grinning clowns.

I have been following Peter Schiff for the last 12 years and all I can say is THANK YOU MR SCHIFF!! With your help, I TRIPLED MY SAVINGS and my 401k fund HAS NOT LOST A PENNY, but has even MADE money in the last few months. I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH! God bless you Mr Schiff.

Oh yeah BTW I'm a plumber. No I don't make $250 grand a year.

Comment

• Evidence from 2006 that Peter Schiff is the only guy who knows what is going on!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Schiff has never recieved his penny from Art Laffer who now has egg all over his face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commercial Dan View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU6PamCQ6zw

Schiff has never recieved his penny from Art Laffer who now has egg all over his face.
                                Cheers, I haven't got that one in my archive yet.

I have now

Such wonder stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X