Header Ad Module

Collapse

Looking for advice on relocatables

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pegasus
    Opinionated
    • Sep 2008
    • 165

    #1

    Looking for advice on relocatables

    Hi everyone

    I am new to the forum and am looking for anyone in the know about moving a relocatable home onto a section for resale. My partner and I have been making our living renovating and trading properties for the last few years in the lower price brackets in Whangaparaoa. We're noticing a few sections going cheap around here and are thinking of having a go at relocating a second hand house (we have one in mind) and renovating for resale. This would be our first one of these and as it means veering away from what we normally do, I would love hear from someone who has done it before about the pitfalls or things to be aware of. So if there is anyone out there with words of wisdom in this area, I would love to hear from you. Also if anyone in Rodney would recommend or not a house moving cpy. We're considering Haines right now.

    Thanks in advance
    Anju
  • Ryutaro
    Banned
    • Jul 2006
    • 49

    #2
    Use craig walker in Kumeu,they are excellent. Be careful of Haines they have/had a reputation for leaving jobs half finished.

    Comment

    • mattnz
      Forum Junkie
      • Apr 2008
      • 342

      #3
      I have been seriously looking at this as a possibility in another area. Also interested in hearing the experiences of others and the likely costs involved including foundations, utility reconnection etc.

      Thanks,
      Matt

      Comment

      • Pegasus
        Opinionated
        • Sep 2008
        • 165

        #4
        Thanks Ryutara

        Much appreciated, I will give craig walker a call.

        Would love to hear something of your experience if you have done a relocatable and feel like posting...

        cheers

        Comment

        • motivated
          Forum Junkie
          • Oct 2007
          • 371

          #5
          Yes
          Have been involved in a few of these 2nd hand house projects in the lower North Island--All councils seem to have slightly different rules --but the process is similar everywhere
          I could have a phone conversation sometime--but do not know how this property talk system works- so you will have to bear with me-- i gather there is a private message system

          Comment

          • Pegasus
            Opinionated
            • Sep 2008
            • 165

            #6
            That sounds great, thanks motivated. My email is:
            [email protected] I'd love to give you a call - perhaps you could email me your contact details and when it would suit you to get in touch
            cheers
            Anju

            Comment

            Working...