Header Ad Module

Collapse

Property Investment Mentoring in Wellington

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Judge
    Forum Junkie
    • Oct 2007
    • 432

    #1

    Property Investment Mentoring in Wellington

    About six months ago I decided that I want to become a property investor and started looking for information. I posted a couple of messages on this forum. One of these posts was titled “Property mentors in Wellington” and the other “On value of mortgage brokers”. I was obviously looking for some guidance. While I received some helpful suggestions, I did not get the answer I was looking for, and kept looking. I was lucky to find a very good property mentor and I would like to share this discovery with other people who are looking for mentoring in Wellington.

    Her name is Sheryl Gulliver, a property mentor, mortgage broker and property manager from Property 360 (www.property360.co.nz). Sheryl has completely changed my perspective on property investment. She explained to me (via spreadsheets and other calculations) what strategies are available and explained why one strategy is better (or worse) than others. Sheryl was actually actively looking for a property for me. She would send me messages with new properties that have just been listed and accompanied these messages with calculations of yield and any improvement options (to increase equity). Sheryl attended open homes and auctions with me. She was at the auction when I was buying the property I just settled on last Tuesday. The property did not reach reserve and she helped me negotiate with the agents to secure the property. All of Sheryl’s services where absolutely free on the basis that she organises the finance.

    I got a good discount on the mortgage rate and it is obvious that Property 360 are now also going to manage the property. It’s a one stop shop.

    To cut a long story short, if anyone is looking for a property mentor in Wellington, I strongly suggest trying Sheryl’s services. (one thing I forgot to mention is that when BNZ was causing me issues with refinancing Sheryl accompanied me to the bank to chat to the Lending Manager. The BNZ staff where not impressed of course, but I felt confident as

    For the record I note that I have no association with Property 360 except that I am a very satisfied customer.
    Last edited by Marc; 26-05-2016, 08:24 AM.
  • Julian
    Fanatical
    • Jan 2005
    • 1524

    #2
    Well done Alister - the Gods were obviously smiling upon you. May you one day be in a position to help others out like this.
    Julian
    Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

    Comment

    • MarniH
      Freshie
      • Dec 2007
      • 31

      #3
      Any of these people in Christchurch?

      Comment

      • Judge
        Forum Junkie
        • Oct 2007
        • 432

        #4
        I do not think so MarniH. But the best way to check is to go to their website and have a look and may be even send them an email with your question. Good luck.

        Comment

        • MoneyMaker
          Freshie
          • May 2007
          • 28

          #5
          Mentoring

          I know I will be probably be shot down for suggesting this but ... Richmastery offer Mentoring and I feel it is worth it. They also have access to some great mortgage brokers and they have offices all over New Zealand.

          If you want to get some great advice and get your investment strategies in place, then contact your local RM office now to get started. Whilst it may seem expensive, remember you get what you pay for ... pay peanuts and you will work with monkeys.

          Well that is my opinion anyway.
          "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson

          Comment

          • OllyN
            Fanatical
            • Dec 2004
            • 1041

            #6
            An unbiased opinion?

            Posted by MoneyMaker 12.10.07

            And yes I did read it on Phil's blog, I read them most days and have found the entire RM website to be entirely far more helpful than this website has ever proved to be.
            OllyN [email protected]
            Independent Property Consultant
            Residential and Commercial Solutions

            Comment

            • SuperDad
              Hamilton Event Organiser
              • Apr 2006
              • 4015

              #7
              An unbiased opinion? Likely not.

              But s/he is entitled to express it all the same.

              One of the differences between PT and the RM site is that here, people with dissenting opinions don't have those opinions removed.

              Anyway, I will be the first to admit that my opinions are biased when it comes to RM. I think that they are the Destiny Church of the property investment sector, complete with their very own Brian Tamaki figure.

              Paul.

              Comment

              • xris
                Fanatical
                • Nov 2005
                • 3283

                #8
                Originally posted by MoneyMaker View Post
                I know I will be probably be shot down for suggesting this but ... Richmastery offer Mentoring and I feel it is worth it. They also have access to some great mortgage brokers and they have offices all over New Zealand.

                If you want to get some great advice and get your investment strategies in place, then contact your local RM office now to get started. Whilst it may seem expensive, remember you get what you pay for ... pay peanuts and you will work with monkeys.
                Well that is my opinion anyway.
                Hello moneymaker,

                A while ago I paid peanuts for a book, added some commonsense and some hard work, and now I'm a multi-millionaire.

                I have found one of the most difficult tasks to master is not being led astray by all the merchants of misery and smooth talking con-artists.

                Clearly I've done something wrong.

                xris

                Comment

                • SuperDad
                  Hamilton Event Organiser
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 4015

                  #9
                  Originally posted by xris View Post
                  A while ago I paid peanuts for a book, added some commonsense and some hard work, and now I'm a multi-millionaire.

                  xris
                  I'm picking that the book in question was not one that was ghost-written for Phil Jones or Ron Hoy Fong.

                  Paul.

                  Comment

                  • xris
                    Fanatical
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 3283

                    #10
                    Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
                    I'm picking that the book in question was not one that was ghost-written for Phil Jones or Ron Hoy Fong.

                    Paul.
                    Surprisingly enough, no it wasn't.

                    Comment

                    • whitt
                      Fanatical
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 3922

                      #11
                      What was the book sounds like it worked?

                      Comment

                      • SuperDad
                        Hamilton Event Organiser
                        • Apr 2006
                        • 4015

                        #12
                        Rich Dad, Poor Dad?

                        Comment

                        • whitt
                          Fanatical
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 3922

                          #13
                          Karma sutra

                          Comment

                          • Judge
                            Forum Junkie
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 432

                            #14
                            MoneyMaker. Funny you should make your comment. When I was putting in place my original post I did initially say “Some organisations charge $6000-$7000 for the same services which Porperty360 provides for free”. But then I deleted this comment because I did not want this to be a contest of who is better or cheaper. I found Property360 to be most helpful, and free and I wanted to share this with others who are looking for help.

                            But since you mention PM and especially in light of your comments about peanuts and monkeys, I want to respond.

                            I know what services RM mentoring programme provides. I have attended their seminar where they promote their mentoring programme. What they give you essentially is lots of group seminars at fixed dates and unlimited support via phone and email. This is great stuff for any newbie, but while I was sitting at that seminar I could not help but think – I already have all these services and for free. With Sheryl you do not need a 2 hour seminar with 10 other people if you want to know something. You catch up with Sheryl for lunch and she tells you want you want to know, one on one.

                            You also get email and phone support. You can always call Sheryl and ask her a question. While I am not sure whether this is “unlimited support”, I can confirm I have called Sheryl on Saturdays, Sundays and after hours (about 8pm) and I am still alive.

                            As I mentioned before, Sheryl also went with me to a number of open homes and auctions.

                            So what is the difference between RM and Property360? Property360 is free and does not want to sell you any books or “advanced courses”. They just want you to succeed as a property investor and make sure that you get finance through them (they have to be paid somehow, so banks pick the bill for the services you receive). RM charges your about $7,000 for a one year mentoring programme and judging by numerous posts on this forum the value delivered by this programme does not necessarily correspond with the high price charged for it.

                            And just for sake of completeness (I have been dying to say this for a long time) during this RM seminar I attended, the person who lead it said more than once something along the following lines (I do not recall the exact words but the following is pretty close) “We do not need your money. We are already well off. We are doing this for you, we want you to succeed”. Give me a break! I really wanted to stand up and say – if you do not need my money then mentor me for free! Somehow I think they would have found an excuse why they have to take $7,000 from me even though they “do not need it”.

                            I have nothing against RM. Good luck to them. But please do not infer that because one pays $7000 more for their programme, they get 7000 times more value. I bet that the services provided by Property 360 are as good or better than RM’s mentoring programme. Try it for yourself. Its free! If you do not like it – walk away.

                            Comment

                            • SuperDad
                              Hamilton Event Organiser
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 4015

                              #15
                              Very nicely said Judge.

                              Comment

                              Working...