Header Ad Module

Collapse

current cost of carpet laying

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ammar
    Opinionated
    • Jun 2010
    • 232

    #1

    current cost of carpet laying

    Hi,

    How much do I expect to pay (per sqm) for carpet laying ? I am in Auckland

    Thank you
  • HouseWorks
    Opinionated
    • May 2015
    • 214

    #2
    It used to cost $25 per carpet lineal metre (3.6 wide)
    I haven't had any laying done last few years. I guess you are supplying the carpet and looking for a layer

    Comment

    • sidinz
      Fanatical
      • Mar 2013
      • 1701

      #3
      I just got some laid. 8 lineal metres cost about $256. That included batten supply and laying.
      My blog. From personal experience.
      http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

      Comment

      • rocket
        Forum Junkie
        • Mar 2015
        • 264

        #4
        If you don't mind can you please tell who did it for you. I got one done at $49/lm plus $45/m for installing. I think I have paid quite a bit then.

        Comment

        • ammar
          Opinionated
          • Jun 2010
          • 232

          #5
          Hi, I was told it is 8/sqm .

          Comment

          • sidinz
            Fanatical
            • Mar 2013
            • 1701

            #6
            I'll have to look out the receipt. I found him through the place I got the carpet. Their model is that they supply the carpet and make arrangements for a third-party installer to do the laying, and you pay the layer direct.
            It was an outlet-type place on the North Shore. Waiau Rd area, where the windmill is. I found them through Trademe. Again, will have to hunt out the receipt to see what they're called.
            My blog. From personal experience.
            http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

            Comment

            • north shore
              Forum Junkie
              • Nov 2007
              • 398

              #7
              Carpet Time Sidinz, share a building with Target Furniture?
              We have bought carpet for rentals from them four times, last time was in August 2013. Their third party layer went by the name of Carpet Care, charged us $174.00 to lay 6 lineal metres.

              Comment

              • sidinz
                Fanatical
                • Mar 2013
                • 1701

                #8
                Originally posted by north shore View Post
                Carpet Time Sidinz, share a building with Target Furniture?
                We have bought carpet for rentals from them four times, last time was in August 2013. Their third party layer went by the name of Carpet Care, charged us $174.00 to lay 6 lineal metres.
                That sounds about right: there was definitely a furniture store in the front part of the building.

                They have a 'stable' of self-employed layers, each of whom would set their own fees. I got the impression that it may differ slightly depending on type of carpet and underlay. The guy who laid mine used his own name as the business name and was apparently one of the best that they used.
                My blog. From personal experience.
                http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

                Comment

                • Sensillion
                  Freshie
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 32

                  #9
                  Can anyone recommend carpet/Lino suppliers/installers in papakura for a two bedroom rental

                  Comment

                  • Beano
                    Fanatical
                    • Mar 2015
                    • 1001

                    #10
                    Originally posted by ammar View Post
                    Hi, I was told it is 8/sqm .
                    I have paid $8 m2 plus gst for large areas 500m2 plus (showrooms ) incl glue
                    Smaller areas or patterned or stairs $10 to $12m2
                    These are for commercial tile jobs

                    Comment

                    • jimO
                      Fanatical
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 1763

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Beano View Post
                      I have paid $8 m2 plus gst for large areas 500m2 plus (showrooms ) incl glue
                      Smaller areas or patterned or stairs $10 to $12m2
                      These are for commercial tile jobs
                      doubt it, material costs for tiles would be more than that

                      Comment

                      • khaled_Eid
                        Freshie
                        • Jul 2015
                        • 46

                        #12
                        Hi I am looking as well cor carpet in papakura area any thoughts

                        Comment

                        • Beano
                          Fanatical
                          • Mar 2015
                          • 1001

                          #13
                          Originally posted by jimO View Post
                          doubt it, material costs for tiles would be more than that
                          This is laying ONLY....the tiles are $38m2 plus gst

                          Comment

                          • khaled_Eid
                            Freshie
                            • Jul 2015
                            • 46

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Beano View Post
                            I have paid $8 m2 plus gst for large areas 500m2 plus (showrooms ) incl glue
                            Smaller areas or patterned or stairs $10 to $12m2
                            These are for commercial tile jobs
                            Thanks will send you my contact in message

                            Comment

                            • jimO
                              Fanatical
                              • Sep 2011
                              • 1763

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Beano View Post
                              This is laying ONLY....the tiles are $38m2 plus gst
                              yea na $12m2 for smaller tiling jobs i doubt that, adhesive, grout silicone would still be more than that

                              Comment

                              Working...