Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renovation value

Hi all, first post on here.
    I've recently purchased a 3 bedroom house in helensville for $320k. I gutted it down to toilet and walls and I'm almost done renovating it. Could anyone tell me the average increases in house value through renovation room to room. With a lot of smart shopping and only using a tradie for laying carpet and wiring in the oven I've spent less then 6k doing the whole house. Including a new kitchen and bathroom.
    Just trying to estimate the value increase pre professional valuation as I haven't dealt with outside yet.
    Cheers, jayden

Originally posted by jayden89 View Post
    Could anyone tell me the average increases in house value through renovation room to room.
    Sure, it's $743.56

Comment

I'm guessing that's a joke

Comment

Hi jayden89,

Yes that's a joke.

A lot more information would be needed and still difficult to suggest the increase in value.

Welcome to Property Talk and well done on your renovation.

Comment

I'm guessing that's a joke
          TBH, I was guessing the question was a joke! Your asking an question that could only possibly be answered once you sell the joint, and even then you won't actually get a true answer.

Comment

Newbie mistake!, people seem to be forever saying things like "oh a new bathroom adds 10g " ect. So my apologies

Comment

, people seem to be forever saying things like "oh a new bathroom adds 10g " ect.
              Yes they do, 99.9% of the time they are talking arse. In isolation renovations add very little, if any, value compared to the actual cost and just as often they lose money.

Comment

Well, I'm not worried about loosing money. Just wondered, in any case I'd like to continue buying property so I'll get a proper valuation done when I've done the outside

Comment

Ideally you would've had an idea as to how much value you were going to add before you started...

But a valuation from a valuer or REA would help.
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    Ideally you would've had an idea as to how much value you were going to add before you started...

But a valuation from a valuer or REA would help.
                    I renovated because the house wasn't liveable as purchased. The idea was to make it as nice as I could on a very limited budget. So no I didn't go into it with an idea of how much value to add.

Comment

The kitchen was falling apart, the water proof lining around the bath was split, the bath was cracked, the toilet was literally black inside. The carpet was stained smelly and had cigarette burns all over it. The walls had holes and dings in and also part of the laundry floor and bathroom wall was rotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X