No announcement yet.

Honest reviews: Ventilation systems; which is best Dvs, Sayr or Hrv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Sayr installed recently. They do F7 as well. Bear in mind F7 can be different as well. HRV does F8 which only goes to 0.4 micron, SmartVent & Sayr's F7 go to 0.3 micron filtration (97% of 0.3 micron particles, 100% of 0.4 micron particles). But at that level who cares if its 0.4 or 0.3 ...

We still have condensation on some windows with SAYR running though, will give it until next winter to see if it improves. Hopefully the system will dry out the house and it'll be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivanp View Post
      Sorry but you are plain wrong.
      F7 is typical these days...
      Thanks Ivan...But I was talking about my initial choice between Dvs Hrv and Sayr. Dvs offered up a G4 filter with one fan...and the rep said - "I should tell you this but the a higher grade filter restricts the air flow too much so we don't like using it."

but Harrisons F6, Unovent G2, Moisture Master G4, DVS G4, Weiss F6....Hardly typical.

Also Hrv and Sayr have anti microbial coatings on there filters.

Comment

• DVS site says they use F7 or F6 - http://dvs.co.nz/solutions/ventilation/air-filters/

I said it's typical because all four mainstream brands (SmartVent, DVS, HRV and Sayr) use F7, everything else you mentioned is either niche market or minor...

Anyway, given that F7 air filter (including the box) costs $150-200 at most, I wouldn't select ventilation system based on this criteria

Comment

• I still like Healthaire, nearly ten years in several rentals, it is faultless so far.

Comment

DVS site says they use F7 or F6 - http://dvs.co.nz/solutions/ventilation/air-filters/

I said it's typical because all four mainstream brands (SmartVent, DVS, HRV and Sayr) use F7, everything else you mentioned is either niche market or minor...

Anyway, given that F7 air filter (including the box) costs $150-200 at most, I wouldn't select ventilation system based on this criteria

Thanks again Ivan,

My main objective was just to share my experience and hopefully provide people (esp Property owners) some information / research.

Obviously the filtration wasn't the be all and end all of my decision, but holly crap...if my family and tenants are going to be breathing it, I'd rather be breathing great filtered air rather than fiber glass and insulfluff...Just saying.

...And cost was quite impt - Ongoing costs was a factor and Sayr had some of the most affordable servicing costs...unlike hrv -(ripoff) or Unovent who would want to know if there was problem.
            Last edited by Macnz; 25-09-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• I have slightly different expectation from a ventilation system - it should just work, without any servicing at all. I'm happy to buy and change filter myself, and I hope warranty will help if anything bad happens with controller, fan, or dampers...

Comment

• RELIANCE VENTILATION systems. They have F7 Filters. You can buy filter for $60 +GST. Warranty covered.

Comment

I have slightly different expectation from a ventilation system - it should just work, without any servicing at all. I'm happy to buy and change filter myself, and I hope warranty will help if anything bad happens with controller, fan, or dampers...
                  Usually that would be me too and that was an option from Sayr (DIY)...but for the small amount they charge you won't find me up in the roof cavity. lol

Comment

• I have the ventilation system from Reliance Ventilation Systems and it works fine. Very cost affective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      They'll have to add this to the WOF because of people like you.
                      Is something unhealty OK in a rental but you wouldn't use it at home?
                      I am with you...end point standards in my rentals are the same as my home...

Comment

• HRV vs. Sayr

Hi Everyone,

Just after an opinion / feedback.

Just bought our first rental 5 months ago and and it's been going fine until the last 4 weeks when the tenants have been complaining of very bad condensation and mold (Threatening to move out). A friend advised us to put in a ventilation system. Hrv seems to be the most common but we also got a quote from Sayr. They seem very good, friendly and very informative. Has anyone used this system and what was it like?

Cheers
                        Sandeep.

Comment

Working...
                        X