Header Ad Module

Collapse

Installing a Window

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TheLibrary
    Opinionated
    • May 2013
    • 210

    #1

    Installing a Window

    Some folk are here installing a new window, but I fear its too short. There is a big gap between the top of the frame, and the timber stud above it. You can see most of the screw. Is this normal?

    I have just realised, I cant post images, but the gap is 5 cm.
    Last edited by TheLibrary; 23-01-2014, 06:11 PM.
  • skid
    Fanatical
    • Nov 2008
    • 1075

    #2
    Not sure if its actually wrong but most fit closer than that.After all you will need something to nail the architrave to unless its pretty big.
    If the screws have to go 5cm before biting into wood it surely would be weaker.

    Comment

    • TheLibrary
      Opinionated
      • May 2013
      • 210

      #3
      they packed with expanding foam. I have taken loads of pics, so will get some advice from a builder.

      Comment

      • John the builder
        Fanatical
        • Nov 2013
        • 2297

        #4
        they must have measured it wrong?
        What size did you pay for?

        Comment

        • TheLibrary
          Opinionated
          • May 2013
          • 210

          #5
          Originally posted by John the builder View Post
          they must have measured it wrong?
          What size did you pay for?
          Well they did the measurements.....but I was expecting a window the same size as the old one.......certainly not 5 cm shorter. They are saying the sill was very low etc......but I find it hard to believe.

          Comment

          • John the builder
            Fanatical
            • Nov 2013
            • 2297

            #6
            don't pay them

            Comment

            Working...