Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requisition

Kia Ora fellow Kiwis,

This is my first post in the forum. I was wondering if I someone can point me in right direction.I purchased a property through a private sale in 2007, not knowing what is actually involved in the sale process. Now I am trying to sell the house and discovered that the LIM has requisitions on it. A single garage, a sun room and clear roofing in the backyard have been objected to by the Council. Do I have to get building consent for the garage,sun room and other bits ? Or do I get inspection done and if the Council is satisfied they can issue a " certificate of acceptance " ? I must mention that all these extra additions have been built by the first owner of the house. The second owner and the third owner ( myself ) did not make any changes to the property.
    Last edited by onkar66; 08-07-2013, 10:07 AM.

If this is in the Christchurch area I wouldn't worry. hehehe otherwise just sell to someone not checking lim.

Comment

Which city and suburb is the property in?
      Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
      Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
      May 2012

Comment

Requisition

Thanks for your replies. The property is in Waitakere,West Auckland.

Comment

If you want to have a trouble free sale, or you lack the ability to determine whether the work is of good quality, the best move is to get the work inspected and seek a certificate of acceptance. It might be dangerous work that could pose a risk to you and your family.

If you aren't worried about any possible health risks, and as long as the Council don't cause any further trouble with demands that you rectify the situation, you can choose to just live with it and eventually try to sell to someone that isn't fussed about the requisitions either.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Ivan.

Comment

Have a draughtsmen take a look and see what the cost is likely to be to make it legal first then go form ether - or just sell it as is and see how you go

Comment

Working...
              X