Gerard roof refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerard roof refurb

Has anyone used these guys for a refurbishment. we got another company to do a re-roof quote because we thought that was our only option but at $14k we kept looking and stumbled across this instead. the roof has a small leak that's been fixed but other than that is fine, just really old and grotty. does anyone have a really broad estimate on a refurb for corrugated iron on a 145sqm single story house (really really rough)

It's not too bad a quote. You might get it done for $12-13k if you look around.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

yea the re-roof quote wasnt bad but if i dont need a complete re-roof then there doesnt seem much point paying all that money which is why i was wanting to look into pricing for the refurb but there doesnt seem to be much info about it, or pricing

Comment

You can't guess a price for a repair as it depends entirely on what you need done. Also, a roof can look ok on the surface but be riddled with rust underneath. You prompted me to finish a blog about How to check if your iron roof needs replacing. Hope it helps!

Comment

Good article.

But please tell me about these experts on tin roofs in light of 2 examples I have:

1. Roofer painted the roof at our bach, and said it was knackerered and would need replacing / repairing, we got an "Expert" in and said same thing - we just painted did nothing.
          10 years latter there is still no leak problem ?????

2. Same thing for a rental I have in auckland - except that was 2 years ago - Quote 17.5k - no leaks at all ??

Comment

In reality, think a good thick layer of paint and the odd bit of silcone goes a long way, even for a roof getting to the end of it's life. Eventually, a re-roof is inevitable... all the iron under my ridges was shot.

Comment

Working...
            X