Palliside Weatherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowmaintenancechick View Post
    A company that doesnt sell or recommend or use claddings which dont perform! cheers Wayne. Who do you work for?
    A company that makes superior Telecommunication Products. Quite unrelated to anything building. Number 2 (or 3 depending on the survey) in IP routing and switching equipment. We help keep the world connected

Always nice to know if there is a vested interest in a reply - helps to get it into context.

Comment

Wayne, I have been working within the NZ building industry for over 23 years and have been involved with many different types of cladding, including bricks, weatherboards, eifs, tiles and timber.(not specifically palliside). I have seen performance and non performance of various claddings and am still currently involved on a regular basis with the unfortunate victims of leaky home construction. So I feel that it may be worth offering my opinion. I also have rental properties and I dont like painting!

Comment

Wayne, I have been working within the NZ building industry for over 23 years and have been involved with many different types of cladding, including bricks, weatherboards, eifs, tiles and timber.(not specifically palliside). I have seen performance and non performance of various claddings and am still currently involved on a regular basis with the unfortunate victims of leaky home construction. So I feel that it may be worth offering my opinion. I also have rental properties and I dont like painting!
        thankyou for the background. You must realise that often people popup with something to say about a particular product only to be found later to have a strong vested interest in that product. I only asked a simple question which you have answered with aplomb - thankyou.

By the way - welcolme to PropertyTalk. I am sure your expertise will be of value to us all.

Comment

What this person says is correct. PVC has come a long way in even the last 10 years and is a lot more stable and durable than older forms of plastic cladding. They are more stable under UV exposure which is the main concern here.

The advantages are that Palliside and Masada Board (A better quality competitor to Palliside) and cheaper overall for cladding because the labour component is much lower.

One could reasonably confidently use it on their home knowing it is vastly improved over the cheaper plastic products and those products of many years back.

Personally I don't like the stuff due to its look and wouldn't use it based on this alone.

I am very much a brick and tile/long run guy. Well sealed and well painted timber weather boards are also pretty good. Modern paints again, last a lot better under our harsh UV conditions than they did in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            A company that makes superior Telecommunication Products. Quite unrelated to anything building. Number 2 (or 3 depending on the survey) in IP routing and switching equipment. We help keep the world connected

Always nice to know if there is a vested interest in a reply - helps to get it into context.
            how do we know which manufacturre made it. ands Wyne, you have my approval just name your company

Comment

holy thread dredge batman

Comment

Originally posted by Judge View Post
                Does anyone have any exoerience with Palliside Weatherboard? Is it good, bad or the same as Linea or Timber? Some say its the best thing since sliced bread and others say its untested cheap plustic product which should be avoided...

Does anyone know anything about it please?

Thanks
                Judge
                Probably a bit late with my post here, but yes I have had experience with it. I had a huge shed clad in it and I personally think it is not a very good product. I would never use it if I was to build a house. From the outside you could see areas of light coming through where the joins were. Couldn't be a good thing.

In places silicone was used to seal it.. Anything that has to rely on silicone cant be a good thing either..
                It had little plastic pieces over where the joins were on the outside that kept falling off.

I rang Palliside to discuss this and was told any issues were installer fault and they didn't want to know about it.

As you can tell, I dislike the stuff.. Just my personal views..

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
                  holy thread dredge batman

haha you can repeat that if you like... was looking for another old thread and came across this.. couldn't resist commenting.. :-)

Comment

I have 2 houses built with the cladding of Palliside . Its been on both properties now for around 10 to 15 years had no real problems . I had a couple of corner soakers come off due to some tenant kicking something against them .But just glued them back on and snapped them back into place.I havent noticed any brittleness or deterioration of product. A lot im sure depends on using the correct installation techniques.
                    It looks better than the older fibrolite boards.And fibrolite seems to be much more brittle.
                    Last edited by mrsaneperson; 12-06-2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Any recent experiences on uPVC or even aluminum cladding? I am alergic to painting or any kind of unnecessary maintenance so the theory sounds good.
                      Living a more meaningful & enhanced life with investments, business and blogging. www.theFIminator.com

Comment

Originally posted by Judge View Post
                        Does anyone have any exoerience with Palliside Weatherboard? Is it good, bad or the same as Linea or Timber? Some say its the best thing since sliced bread and others say its untested cheap plustic product which should be avoided...

Does anyone know anything about it please?

Thanks
                        Judge

Hi there I own a house that has Pallaside weather boarding on it and it is 25 years old and still perfect. Not a crack or split anywhere and in mint order as if new still.

So yes I would definitely recommend this product and if I ever built again I would clad in this Pallaside product again.

No painting and maintenance just wash it down once a year.

Regards Tony Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Antonio View Post
                          Hi there I own a house that has Pallaside weather boarding on it and it is 25 years old and still perfect. Not a crack or split anywhere and in mint order as if new still.

So yes I would definitely recommend this product and if I ever built again I would clad in this Pallaside product again.

No painting and maintenance just wash it down once a year.

Regards Tony Heaven
                          I have the same experience as Tony. As regards cleaning because i chose the wood grain plastic panels they are harder to clean than the smooth Pallaside option as the grain effect tends to build up more dirt. Not a biggie though.

Comment

We own 2 properties in Taupo. Both built 1999 out of palliside. They are in perfect condition. 1 of houses had some chalking on north face where sun is strongest. But just needed a good wash and scrub with a Blue scotch brite. The reat of walls just needed a good scrub with weak bleach and detergent solution.
                            Couple of soakers have fallen off as silicone was poorly applied, just need quick squirt and back on.
                            Very happy with condition and strength. Would build with it again.
                            It is in better condition than the faded powdercoated aluminium windows and faded colour steel roof that the paint came off on . There was no paint left on colour steel ridge capping after 15 years.

Comment

Working...
                            X