We've purchased a 1950's brick & tile which needs a complete make over and the flat at the back needs a face lift. Currently we have five people sharing one bathroom and have room to put another bathroom in. The renovation which is hardly even at the planning stage will mean building two new bathrooms. In the meantime we really do need another bathroom, like yesterday. I had to leave for work without even cleaning my teeth this morning. Planning, consents etc might take from six months to a year before completion. Do you think Auckland city council needs to be told about a temporary bathroom if I could locate a kind plumber to overlook the lack of consent and connect the fittings to the sewer? The temporary bathroom will end up part of a bedroom in the final plan.
Temporary bathroom?
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
I would say you have to tread very carefully, I was trying to find the story of an acquaintance of mine who was doing works in his basement, lining it and making it livable, some of the work was noisy so the neighbours complainted to noise control - it was on a Sunday.Originally posted by Baby Boomer View PostWe've purchased a 1950's brick & tile which needs a complete make over and the flat at the back needs a face lift. Currently we have five people sharing one bathroom and have room to put another bathroom in. The renovation which is hardly even at the planning stage will mean building two new bathrooms. In the meantime we really do need another bathroom, like yesterday. I had to leave for work without even cleaning my teeth this morning. Planning, consents etc might take from six months to a year before completion. Do you think Auckland city council needs to be told about a temporary bathroom if I could locate a kind plumber to overlook the lack of consent and connect the fittings to the sewer? The temporary bathroom will end up part of a bedroom in the final
plan.
Anyway the noise control officer turns up, asks to see the permit, with no permit to produce the council swarmed the place like bees around honey, he was dragged off to court and fined $18,000 and got on page 3 of the NZ Herald.
I did find a similar story
Landlords is the home for property and real estate investors. Read news and articles on investing in rental property, subscribe to the NZ Property Magazine.
be careful"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
Comment
-


Comment