Backgrounds of our PI members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backgrounds of our PI members

I am interested to find out about our members....I guess you could say I am just plain nosy!.....

I am not a techno so I don't know how to set up a survey.

What are your backgrounds, are you educated (does education make a difference in property or are you more openminded and creative without a piece of paper in your back pocket?)

Would love your thoughts....

Neo

Expelled from school and spent time in jail at 16.
    No formal education past School Cert. Bankrupt at 25.

Then there were the bad times :-)

Comment

Thanks Poomba - quite insightful!

Like you I have not had any formal education past High School. I haven't been to jail - but hey who knows (hopefully my structures are correct!)

I am interested to know who is educated past high school and who is not - Is it a 50% split or leveraged one way....

Comment

High School graduate here as well Neo, though I have for the past 18 months been studying part time at Massey University for a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). I am half way through I should be able to qualify for a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, I am uneasy now in spending another 14k on pursuing the MBA as everything monetary since I got involved in PI is relative to a deposit on another property.

Comment

I did 3 years at Auckland Uni getting my BCom majoring in software development and Accounting. I was considering doing my masters but I had lost interest in studying by that time, and real life is a good learning environment anyway.

Comment

Hello all,

We could create a survey and then present the results here. I know of a really good one for a company where they read out the results at a huge company meeting. They had information like 35% of the staff have a cat and 40% own a dog, 16.3% have travelled overseas, 3% have played in a band....

If you provide the questions we can create the survey.

Cheers

Marc
            Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Thanks Marc
              If anyone has some interesting questions please feel free to add them, and Marc you are welcome to change my questions around to make them more legible!

What is your highest level of education?
              Do you wish you had gone further with your education?
              Do you think education contributes to success in property? Why.....
              Are you single/married/defacto/family/solo family
              Are you Male/Female
              What star sign are you?
              What age did you buy your first PI?
              What did you do for a job/career before you entered the property scene, has the job changed as your portfolio has grown?
              If you are in a relationship are you driven together or is one of you more motivated?
              Are your other family members involved in property investment?
              Are your friends and family supportive/sceptical/non responsive to your property interest?
              Does their reaction have a bearing on your success? Why?
              What pushes you to go further in what ever you do?
              Is it the challenge, the risk, the money, the adrenalin rush, the unknown, the ego trip on telling others, the addiction.....

Marc - My Sunday afternoon thinking cap is abit slow today, if others have any questions to ask they are welcome to add to the list and you can then change things around and use a format that suits.

Neo
              Last edited by Neo; 10-09-2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

8 Years Military background. Currently in the Aircraft industry.

Comment

Backgrounds

Left school at 15, was not there long enough to even sit school cert. Occupation truck driver.

Comment

Long term University addict. Started studying a BCOM in 1995, quickly got sick of it, and switched to a BA in Politics and Philosophy, then did an BA (Hons), A diploma of professional ethics, and a MA (All in philosophy) Currently finishing my PhD while lecturing in bioethics in a School of Biomedical Science.
                    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

High School until 6th form then did 2 out of 3 years Dip Hotel Management....found out about prop investing and realised I would rather stay in the hotels than work in them....

Comment

Bachelor of Science - Informations Systems, 11 years commercial Software Development experience

Comment

Dropped out of the 7th form. 22 years in the aviation industry. Play in a band...

Comment

Left school in the uk halfway through my 'A' levels(sixth form) at age 16 to work in the theatre. Worked as a Stage Manager for 13 years until we arrived in NZ. Now PI full time.
                            Jo Birch
                            Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                            +61 450 148 678

Comment

Uni graduate many, many years ago.
                              DFTBA

Comment

Working...
                              X