Humidifier systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Marpet

And welcome, I had a very similar problem with 3 units on top of each other in Khandallah, Wellington.

They got zero sun for 7 months every year.

I got 1 Large DVS unit and built it into a cupbaord then ran outlets to all the tenants units and wired it through the mains.

It was put on a timer so it ran for 4 hours in the middle of the day when tenants were out.
    The tenants didn't have access to the timer or on/off switch.
    Worked a treat and tenants didn't mind the one cost of electricity devided by 3 units.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Comment

Hi there,

I have just installed a DVS unit into another rental. I sourced the materials from the wholesalers and including installation it cost me less than $500. It is a basic forced air ventilation system but in the 2 rentals I have installed them so far it has made a big difference. I installed them with a thermastat and a hidden on/off switch high up in a storage cupboard so it could be turned off in the summer. These were both houses 100m2 rather than units but one 100W fan was changing the air in them 1.5 times an hour. In the first one I also installed some ducting from a passive vent in the bathroom out to the soffit so the DVS also directly vents the bathroom to the outside too.

Cheers,

Geoff

Comment

Thank you for your comments, Steve and Geoff, it certainly helps.
        Not sure that one DVS for all 4 units will be a right solution in our case, as we are thinking of unit titling the property in remote future, and it will probably pay to keep the units as self-contained as possible. As for the DIY option, I have not ruled it out, however the vendor will not give any warranty, and we’ll still have to involve trade people (my partner is not a handyman!)
        I think we should go for installing the DVS systems, and the next thing to do is to get some quotes (maybe we can get some sort of discount for installing 4 units) and compare the functionality. Thanks again for your help!
        Anna

Comment

Working...
        X