Header Ad Module

Collapse

New garage boundary lines

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indeeditis
    Freshie
    • Aug 2015
    • 14

    #1

    New garage boundary lines

    Hi all,

    I currently own a property with a double garage that was built in the late 60's and am wanting to build a new one in it's place or possibly the front of the house.

    It runs directly along the boundary line of the long driveway beside my property and about one metre from the back fence, the one side of the garage is actually makes up the fence.

    The previous owners had plans for a new garage but with it moved to the front of the property and it was a metre (or whatever the rule is off the boundary along the side/long driveway) which to me seems like a waste of a space as it kind of turns that area into a dark seedy little alley between the garage and the fence bordering the long driveway.

    Two questions.....if I rebuild at the back of the property can I rebuild in the same position or do I need to relocate off the boundary?

    And is there any possible way to build at the front but have the side of the garage run along the boundary of the long driveway?

    Thanks
  • Wayne
    Fanatical
    • Jun 2004
    • 10899

    #2
    Best to have a chat with the council - they can be friendly.

    Comment

    • Indeeditis
      Freshie
      • Aug 2015
      • 14

      #3
      Thanks Wayne for your top tip.....I will do, however I joined the forum because it's a forum and thought someone else here may have had a similar experience...plus I'm overseas for a few months and want to find out some info if possible.

      Comment

      • John the builder
        Fanatical
        • Nov 2013
        • 2297

        #4
        i m off the boundary means no fire rating required. The same applies to rear but it may have been overlooked. This neednt be a serious problem as it means fire rated Gob and some similar treatment to the exterior Dont be frightened by it. From a planning point of view you may have existing use rights on the current garage if repolaced in the same position

        Comment

        • Indeeditis
          Freshie
          • Aug 2015
          • 14

          #5
          Thanks John...

          Comment

          Working...