Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump Real Estate genius? or TV star action man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump Real Estate genius? or TV star action man?

Todays Donald Trump, still the Real Estate genius or has the stardom and glamor developed a different triumphet tower?

Should we still read his books, observe his advertisements, his magazine articles and most of all watch his program? I Know that I cringe every time I hear his beloved words "Your Fired!!" from his candyfloss production "The apprentice" which is firing for its third year running. But who is he today, does he still cut the cake as the Emperor of Real Estate? appreciate all views.

Hi BlueLeopard

A warm welcome to PT.

I read one of his books a number of years ago but did not get anything out of it. How about you? Have you got any inspiration from him on property investing?

Comment

A few months ago, I read an interview with him in Business Week Magazine where he claims that the Trump brand is a bigger brand than Pepsi or Coca-Cola.

In my opinion, you lose all credibility when you make outrageously pompous and arrogant claims like that.

Comment

Hi FR, great point, and I two greatly admire Trumps successes and attributes to the United States.

But I was not claiming that the "Trump" brand was not bigger than Pepsi or Coca-Cola. No, I was merely expressing Trumps new perspective to money making and publicity, is it worth reading his books FR, does he still have the key to real estate success and finally should we follow his ways and not shake hands because FR overall “…this is how germs are spread…”.
        But thank you again FR for your great point, looking forward to more responses from you.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueLeopard
          Hi FR, great point, and I two greatly admire Trumps successes and attributes to the United States.

But I was not claiming that the "Trump" brand was not bigger than Pepsi or Coca-Cola. No, I was merely expressing Trumps new perspective to money making and publicity, is it worth reading his books FR, does he still have the key to real estate success and finally should we follow his ways and not shake hands because FR overall “…this is how germs are spread…”.
          But thank you again FR for your great point, looking forward to more responses from you.
          Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that YOU lose all credibility, I meant HIM (Donald Trump) loses credibility by making rediculous claims like that.

In my opinion, Donald Trump isn't any more knowledgeable about real estate than any other successful real estate developer/investor, he simply gets more attention because of the numbers behind his successes (and failures) and because of his lifestyle.

Personally, I would rather read books from the most successful New Zealand RE developers/investors than Trump.

Comment

FR, very sorry about that misunderstanding.
            Yes I understand what you mean though, he simple loves publicity, perhaps even more so than real estate. And for that exact reason I haven't been to considerably drawn to his "How To Get Rich" books. So if Trumps book didn't do it for you either, what would you suggest would be an educational and satisfying read to property investing in New Zealand?

Comment

Hi Fudosan, Thank you for the warming welcome.

as being still in school I have not read as many books as I would of liked to, but I can reassure you that I have begun, and have a interesting list of Property Investing books which will certainly keep me occupied while sitting in class as the teacher justifies exponents to algebra equations. May I also ask you, are his books worthy for a read? and are his theory's very relevant with property investing in New Zealand? if not what do you suggest are?

Comment

Hi BlueLeopard

I admire you as you seem to be ahead of a lot of people already. When I was in college, I had no idea what to do for my life except travel to a lot of countries. Funny though, I did not enjoy study until I left school. If you continue studying property investment, read a lot of posts from the many successful investors on this forum and then ACT, you will become very successful while still being young. Feel free to post questions to our friendly members here.

I really don't know much about Trump to give you any comments. Reading Rich Dad Poor Dad changed my mindset, and later I read many other books to learn the many aspects of property investmnet.

Comment

Trump to me is a man whom gets what he wants pure and simple. I read an article saying that to him any news or media is good news or media. Case in point was when his latest show was being launched in the US he proposed an outragous statement and media circus around the 911/Twin tower hole in New York. He was going to make the biggest building ever etc etc ....................

Im actually quite a fan of the man, he has goals, vision and the kahunas to pull anything he wants off.

An article out of CNN about the above.

Welcome to PT Blue Leopard!

Cheers

Ted
                  It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.
                  - Babe Ruth

Comment

Hi Guys

More about Mr D T Rump can be read at

Regards
                    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Trump

Hi all,

I am a big fan of his and have read most books. He is a genius in promoting his name and he candidly admits this is purely to extract premium dollars for something he builds, companies he starts, or ventures he fronts. To make a profit.

He develops in the ultra rich circles and several of his business partners ad foes admit he gets more $ per square foot then they do for a similar building. There is a method in his madness. He exploits the media to further his portfolio.

He also has a nose for cost control, profitability, getting a deal over the line, and managing a large business.

In one word: smart. Credit where credit is due.

Wether you like him or not is I believe immaterial. Learn the best things from him which will further YOUR goals and move on.

Fritz.
                      Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours. - Richard Bach

Comment

to answer your question an Emphatic "Both" not only is he a Real Estate Guru over decades with wide ranging success and genuien lessons to be passed down (NZ examples Bob Jones and to a far lesser extent Olly Newland) most of the successful commercial RE principles can be applied to residential, but also he has made a success out of the reality show genre which is getting for the most part very tardy. I especailly enjoyed the british version run by Sir Alan "barrrow boy" Sugar

People would do well to pick up lessons from this type of guru as he made his money from the floor up. than some of the RE pretend gurus who have only been in the game over the boom years and are now making more of their money from talking than doing.

one word for Trump, RESPECT
                        Kia kaha

Comment

Working...
                        X