neighbours at war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neighbours at war

i was talking to a newish neighbor today and we were discussing the pine trees that grow on the side of her property, there are 3 of them and while they dont affect their house or view they completely block the view if the house next door, which is over the harbour and city, the previous owner just prior to selling had the trees listed with the council as protected, then sold and moved on leaving the neighbor with having to apply to the council to have them unlisted, it will cost them thousands, the neighbors have not long moved in themselves and had approached the tree owner to have them cut down, they offered to pay all costs but she was a stubborn cow to say the least and is now spreading joy in another area. the new owner has no problem with the trees going but isnt interested in paying

Why has this got anything to do with you or any of your neighbours. Maybe she bought that property specifically because of those trees??!! So why should she remove them.

Just because she doesn't want to do what you or the other neighbours want "she was a stubborn cow to say the least".

She might just be different that what the neighbourhood is used to ..... so be it. Maybe embrace her difference??

Obviously what you've written doesn't encompass the whole situation, but really *shrug* is it that big a problem?? Or is she just not complying with the neighbours expectations??

Try and see it from her point of view.
    Patience is a virtue.

Comment

I am a little bit confused. What does this story have to do with you? What is your interest? Regarding the problem if she/he does not want to remove trees, you have to apply for its removal proving that those trees completely block your views. I feel you though, I hate when trees block all the sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by essence View Post
        Why has this got anything to do with you or any of your neighbours. Maybe she bought that property specifically because of those trees??!! So why should she remove them.

Just because she doesn't want to do what you or the other neighbours want "she was a stubborn cow to say the least".

She might just be different that what the neighbourhood is used to ..... so be it. Maybe embrace her difference??

Obviously what you've written doesn't encompass the whole situation, but really *shrug* is it that big a problem?? Or is she just not complying with the neighbours expectations??

Try and see it from her point of view.
        it has nothing to do with me, whats it got to do with you
        obviously talking to your neighbors is a unusual concept with some people
        house A and house B had ongoing problems over the trees
        years earlier house A cut the trees that blocked her view and sun but left 3 on the edge of the property
        just prior to selling house A got the trees protected, to piss house B off
        the new owner of house A doesnt want the trees either
        house B will have to spend thousands to get the trees unlisted and more to remove them
        these are big old pine trees with no redeeming features not a native worth keeping
        hopefully this will explain it better to the tree hugger types

Comment

Big old pine trees are notorious for falling over when there's a bit of a breeze
          DFTBA

Comment

Originally posted by cube View Post
            Big old pine trees are notorious for falling over when there's a bit of a breeze
            Especially when you need some firewood too!

Comment

<the previous owner just prior to selling had the trees listed with the council as protected>
              What a prick - why would he do that? seems like he/she wanted to piss the neighbours off.

Comment

Big old pine trees also die of old age. Just make sure the holes are well concealed after the poison is inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by gavinc View Post
                  <the previous owner just prior to selling had the trees listed with the council as protected>
                  What a prick - why would he do that? seems like he/she wanted to piss the neighbours off.
                  eggsactly....

Comment

Seems like a hole in the system to me. You should not be able to place an order on a tree if you're selling, and the order should be removed again if you sell within X months/years of placing the order. What a joke.

Comment

Sounds like this would be located in the 'Super City' ??

Comment

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
                        Seems like a hole in the system to me. You should not be able to place an order on a tree if you're selling, and the order should be removed again if you sell within X months/years of placing the order. What a joke.
                        especially not a dirty old pine tree, its not like there is a shortage of them

Comment

not long ago in auckland there was a person rushing around applying for protection for any tree that took their fancy

had something like 5000 applications in before they closed them down

couldn't find the case but this turned up and may be useful for the future

How to deal with a problem neighbour's trees within NZ What can I do if tree is causing problem? If are obstructing your view or have become dangerous...
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

Working...
                          X