Maison Cabriole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maison Cabriole

Hi. Do any Wellingtonians have information on this building? I've heard rumours of compliance issues and also weathertightness but can't find anything for definite to confirm or deny these rumours.

In the Mason block there are 2 buildings built at different times so it matter which apartments in which buildings your looking.

I have also heard that the front block on the street had watertight issues but these had been fixed, but you had better do a builders report if your keen on it.

Comment

Thanks half - I'm going round a number of apartments next week and doing my homework first. I think the one I'm being shown is in the front block. So whatever building had issues the Body Corp for the two buildings would be responsible and I doubt they would chase the developer, they'd be 999th in line lol

Comment

Howdy Philmc1....now I could be wrong

My understanding of body corp rules etc is that if any part of the property develops a problem, then all parties to the body corp are liable to contribute.

So in this instance if the other building......or even if part of your block has defects..... and both are part of the same body corp, then even those folk in the good/non-leaky block are still liable to contribute to fix the bad/leaky block.

In this case a building report on the property you are looking at will not really help much.....just because one property is ok, it doesn't mean that all are fine!

You need to go and have a really good look at the body corp rules....you may need to get a lawyer's advice on this

Plus you need to find out what if any water-tight issues there are....get these from past body corp notes etc.

Comment

Also find out if they have implemented a long term maintenance plan and a sinking fund. Make sure it is a thorough plan however and not just a desk top one. This should highlight any up comming expenditure, they may not have one yet as they have 15 months to implement.

From Prendos website:
          Section 138 of the Act requires the body corporate to "…manage, maintain and keep in a good state of repair the common property…" and to that end section 116 requires that a body corporate must have a long term maintenance plan for at least 10 years. Clause 30 of the Regulations requires that the plan must be reviewed at least every 3 years and disclosed to unit purchasers, along with past and future anticipated expenditure on maintenance matters. However whilst the plan is mandatory, the sinking fund, or long term maintenance fund is not, and under section 117 of the Act bodies corporate are able to opt out of this provision by Special Resolution. In most instances it is unlikely (and would be impractical for) a body corporate not to establish such a fund and the fund is particularly appropriate for large developments to accommodate predicted maintenance costs and provide for regular contributions by unit owners to underpin the plan.

The deadline for a body corporate having a maintenance plan in place is 1 October 2012, although at any time prior to that date, a body corporate can vote by special resolution that any or all of the transitional provisions apply earlier. Procedurally, although it is not entirely clear in the Act, it appears that existing bodies corporate will need to hold an AGM within six months of the commencement of the Act in order to make decisions relating to the long term maintenance plan and fund. Of course this may not coincide with a body corporate's current reporting and accounting cycle, and it must be taken into consideration that if decisions are not reached at this meeting a second will need to be held before 1 October 2012 otherwise it may be too late and the default provisions will apply. It is therefore advisable to start planning for these changes earlier rather than later.

Comment

Oxygen Property Management in Lower Hutt manage the body corporate in the Mainson Cabriole building. Give the Professionals office in Cornwall St, Lower hutt a call and say you want too talk to the body corporate managers. They look after a few buildings in Wellington, and should be a good source of general infomation.

All the best,

Niall

Comment

Thanks everyone.
              Niall, that's great. That's the sort of information I can run round in circles trying to find out. Agents are very elusive about that building.

Comment

Originally posted by Philmc1 View Post
                Agents are very elusive about that building.
                run forrest run

Comment

Yep it's off my list jimO - when somethings appears to be an absolute bargain you wonder where the queue is to buy it. I sauntered away, too old to run too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Philmc1 View Post
                    Yep it's off my list jimO - when somethings appears to be an absolute bargain you wonder where the queue is to buy it. I sauntered away, too old to run too fast.
                    Hi Phil, i'm looking to buy my first home. and have some interest to this apartment as well. why it was off your list? appreciate that if you could let me know the bad side of this building..

Comment

Working...
                    X