No announcement yet.

Councils Holding the Country to Ransom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No kiwis want it. My age group anyway. i grew up on a 1/4 acre and want to die on one. I'll allow an MDU on the back for income but if I cant walk all the way round it with a mower it isn't a home.
    And you never know when you'll need that third toilet between the lounge and the bathroom as you get older :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Damap View Post
      No kiwis want it. My age group anyway. i grew up on a 1/4 acre and want to die on one. I'll allow an MDU on the back for income but if I cant walk all the way round it with a mower it isn't a home.
      And you never know when you'll need that third toilet between the lounge and the bathroom as you get older :-)
      I agree no way will I ever be confined to an apartment, nor would I ever want to raise kids in one. I grew up on 1/4 acre and then 10 acres and this is where I will head myself as soon as I can find my lifestyle block. For this reason I would never move to a big city because its not doable. My family and friends are all in the same boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
        what do i want?

- i want brown and his clueless band of social engineers gone

- and gone for at least 10 years until they can learn to either; use a calculator and spreadsheet, or tell the truth

- then i want the new council to sack its social engineering bureaucrats and replace them with infrastructure engineers

ie nothing new

just get council back on course and away from the rocks of economic ruin for its rate payers

and if that means abandoning its plans to make auckland "the most unaffordable city in the world"

it's all good!
        Getting 'rid of Brown' or any of the other elected representatives will not actually change anything.

All of these Councillors and the Mayor have no direct access to the Council staff, everthing must by law be filtered through the Council CEO.

The permanent staff will continue to act in exactly the same way regardless of whoever is in political power.

Changing the figurehead will not alter the way the ship is heading.

Comment

• I come from place where it's a forest of apartments, but the only apartments I want to try out are the ones on Tamaki Drive or next to the Domain!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
            Getting 'rid of Brown' or any of the other elected representatives will not actually change anything.

Changing the figurehead will not alter the way the ship is heading.
            i don't believe that

i think it would send a clear democratic message

which would resonate in wellington

which is why we now have central gov. coming in to sort out the misfuctioning rma now
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

which is why we now have central gov. coming in to sort out the misfuctioning rma now
              Ha.
              That's funny.

BTW.
              Phil Goff will be the next AKL Mayor I predict.

Comment

• Yup, i bet big phil is looking for campaign contributers right now.

Comment

• think that was suggested here last year

but currently it looks like he would rather retire to a ambassadorship somewhere that crack on back to a heavy workload

still if the faithful of the left promise to put him on a pedestal

and he was sure it was winnable

his ego wouldn't let him say no

but if it looks winnable

getting lennie to relax his deathgrip on a legacy

other than financially incompetent, lying, ratbag

might be trickier than you'd think

and if he did step down

enny red would also need convincing that the job should be hers

more women in positions of power etc

whatever the lying left have lost me and quite a others for quite some time

at all levels of gov.

i'd even vote for the golden horse

palomino

before those tax + tax + tax + spend

social engineers

Last edited by eri; 27-01-2015, 08:39 PM.
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

think that was suggested here last year
                    Indeed; you did suggest it.
                    Dec 2013.
                    long enough for phil goff to get into position

even i would vote for phil over some show puppet from the right

Comment

• And then we have things like this from the local boards,https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/lo...164409207.html :
                      Longest ice cream sundae's $17k public bill

Breaking the record for the world's longest ice cream sundae will cost ratepayers more than expected.
                      The attempt is setting Manurewa Local Board back $17,000 almost double what it was originally projected to cost.
                      But chairwoman Angela Dalton says it's being done on a shoestring and will depend on volunteers and donated materials.
                      "As our budgets get reduced, we just tried to keep the costs under control."
                      Angela Dalton says declining local budgets mean the board has to be selective about what events it supports.

Comment

• Huh? How is that event in the rate paying publics best interest???

Comment

• Local board..... what can I say...

Comment

• Originally posted by north shore View Post
                            Angela Dalton says declining local budgets mean the board has to be selective about what events it supports.
                            So she is saying with an unlimited budget they didn't apply any sense at all?

Comment

• A new study out on the damaging impact of regulations on housing affordability

found sky-high price rises and recommends

severely restricting council planners' powers.

It recommends the Government

- specifying and limiting the authority of council planners

- and wants councils to be forced to explicitly include housing affordability impacts in defining the desired character of neighbourhoods.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11393081
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by north shore View Post
                                And then we have things like this from the local boards,https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/lo...164409207.html :
                                Longest ice cream sundae's $17k public bill

Breaking the record for the world's longest ice cream sundae will cost ratepayers more than expected.
                                The attempt is setting Manurewa Local Board back $17,000 almost double what it was originally projected to cost.
                                But chairwoman Angela Dalton says it's being done on a shoestring and will depend on volunteers and donated materials.
                                "As our budgets get reduced, we just tried to keep the costs under control."
                                Manurewa is a poorer area too. Surely $17k and a lot of donated resources and time could be put to better use?
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X