Property Tutors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Tutors?

I see Property Tutors are now advertising on PT.
    Anyone been to one of there seminars yet? Pretty big names there, are they the real thing or just more seminar spruikers trying to syphon the pockets of the gullible?
    I would have to think it's pretty serious though when a rich lister is involved and willing to put his name to it.

Be interested to hear peoples thoughts on this as I am considering going to one of their free events but don't want to waste three hours of my time if it is just more of the same old stuff...

Thanx

Sean Wood and Don Ha (Ha)?

The former is definitely from the RM stable.

And if the latter is as wealthy as he suggests, why is he peddling this sort of tripe to make a dollar?

Comment

It's called marketing and lead generation

Don sold me my second and third investment property many years ago through Dough Woodyard.

If you're not on the Rich List and you aspire to create wealth for yourself why wouldn't you listen to someone who is miles ahead. Too frightened to hear what it actually takes from someone who’s done it rather than from someone who’s just preaching easy solutions?
      Last edited by fpl; 30-05-2009, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Isn't that exactly what I said, using slightly different wording?

Comment

Green Fish,

I agree. I always get suspicious when I see someone who claims to be ultra wealthy doing this sort of thing. I mean, why do it? Maybe there property portfolios have taken a battering recently and they need the extra cash?
          It does intrigue me though that a rich list member would be involved. I mean surely to get on the rich list you must actually be legit or they wouldn't let you onto it?
          I've heard mixed things about Don Ha. Some good some really not good. Same with Sean Woods. I think i'll go along and see for myself but would be interested in peoples thoughts about if or how this is different from the other crowds.

Ta

Cannon

Comment

If it's free, then check it out.

fpl: For the avoidance of doubt, I'm saying that your "marketing and lead generation" is nothing more than peddling tripe to make a dollar.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Thanks.That's what I wanted to hear. If they are the real deal then I will be very interested to hear what they are offering. I am just tired of going to these things and ending up disappointed and disillusioned when I find out the presenters are fakes or freaks. I thought these guys might be different given that one of them is a rich list member and the other one (Sean Woods) seems to have done well too. I'm going to go to the next seminar, yes it's free, and see what its all about. They seem to be pretty open about the fact that they are selling a program so that is a good start, better than turning up thinking you are going to get valuable information and then been upsold all night which is all I ever got from richmastry and a few others to. At least these guys are open about it. I hope they are the real thing. Time will tell.

Thanx.

Comment

Hi Cannon,

At what stage are you in with your investing career? Apart from the joy of being upsold to all evening, what are you looking to get out of this seminar?
                Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
                  better than turning up thinking you are going to get valuable information and then been upsold all night which is all I ever got from richmastry and a few others to.
                  Aren't these guys pretty much tied in with Richmastery?

Comment

Information and Knowledge is Power

I'm personally going to sign up for one of these events.

I always believe that information and knowledge is Power. So the more people you hear speak about property or business, that more information and knowledge you obtain.

Even if you get one good bit of information from the seminar, isn't it worth it? And personally I always get one bit of information from every seminar I attend. You never know, the person sitting next to you might even give you a great idea.

Ross
                    Book a free chat here
                    Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

Hi Revdev,

I am only a beginner. I have one rental property in Auckland and I am nearly in a position to be able to buy another one but I want to do it right. I know the value of education and getting the right advice but if I pay money to be guided through it all and help me get ahead faster I want to know the person doing it is for real.

And ream...Are they? I got the impression they were seperate. If they are part of richmastery I am not interested at all. I have been down that track and been burned and not interested in repeating that mistake in a hurry.
                      Does anyone know if this is right?

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Ross,

Yes, I agree. But if it is part of richmastery I have heard about all I care to hear over the last couple of years.

I am hoping these guys are different. If there not part of richmastery I will be going to an event to see what its about and what they have to offer.

Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
                          And ream...Are they? I got the impression they were seperate. If they are part of richmastery I am not interested at all. I have been down that track and been burned and not interested in repeating that mistake in a hurry.
                          Does anyone know if this is right?

Thank you.
                          Maybe I'm mistaken....was thinking of what turns out to be your own post http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...postcount=4550 about the two. But didn't Sean Woods speak for them in the past? Could have sworn I'd seen his face on their ads.

Comment

Hi Ream,

Yes Sean Woods was part of richmastery before. My understanding is he left and has nothing to do with them now. SOmeone told me he had a fight with Phil Jones but I don't know if that's true or not nor do I really care, its none of my business. I just care about what they can teach me. If they are using the richmastery model of giving very little useful information and just selling more courses and products then i'm not interested. If they can give some real information and advice that is actually based on experience, which i have to admit looks at face value to be the case given there apparent credentials, then i am keen to be involved, depending on the cost of course.

Comment

In his own words

RM blog:

An Insight into the 15 Million Dollar Man
                              07/04/2008 , by Sean Wood

Hi folks
                              I’m not one to generally BLOG but feel it’s time to talk a bit about the negativity of people when the word property is mentioned In TODAY'S environment.
                              People are negative through the information they are being feed through the media, and fair enough.
                              If you are to change your financial position, you need to change the ACTION you take or in most cases “don’t take” to achieve this.
                              Today I hear of another finance company looking to hit the wall “ Lombard finance’.
                              I consult to Richmastery running their Auckland Mentoring program and have been involved with them since 2003 when, I attended the property Academy “ and my Life was changed forever.
                              etc etc

and

NZ Rich Lister to Speak at this Weekends Richmastery property Academy
                              11/10/2007 , by Phil Jones

Yesterday I confirmed a special surprise, one of New Zealands Richest Men will for the first time speak at this weekends Richmastery property Academy. An asian New Zealand immigrant who arrived in the country with nothing and is now worth an estimated 60 million will share his personal Real Estate and wealth story.

Don Ha began selling Real Estate in 1994 and has risen from the hardships of Vietnamese refugee status to join the New Zealand Rich List this year at a level of $60 million etc etc
                              Last edited by OllyN; 30-05-2009, 09:58 PM.
                              OllyN [email protected]
                              Independent Property Consultant
                              Residential and Commercial Solutions

Comment

Working...
                              X